Various Quest Questions!

disneyfan1313

Hiya! I have sailed on almost all the major lines but I have a few questions about Azamara and the Quest specifically since it is my first time with them (May 14th Best of Italy).

- In doing some searches it seems that bringing bottled water onboard is not an issue - but if we decide not to do this can you buy bottled water by the case once you board? Any idea on recent prices if you are able to?

- Are there any scans of recent daily programs (preferably from sea days)? I found a few that were from when Azamara first launched, but I bet things have changed a bit. If you don't have scans, but have sailed recently, could you give me an idea of some of the daily activities.. I am assuming no typical pool games but is there organized stuff during the day?

- What is the outlet situation in a normal ocean view cabin? Are we limited to one near the TV or are there some by the bed, etc? We have A LOT of electronics to plug in. :)

- We want to bring our Nintendo Wii - the TV looks like a modern flat screen.. did anyone happen to look at the connections on the side to see what they are? (and yes, I know, so much to do...why would we want to play video games....;) )

- What TV channels can we expect to have in Europe? I am assuming BBC World, CNN International... but anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Hi. If you are on the May 16, 2009 sailing from Civitavecchia ( Rome), you might want to look at our roll-call for that sailing, it's a pretty active one.

Link to roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=772302

I cannot speak for an ocean view, but I would suspect that the electrics are similar in all of the cabins. Our prior cabin have had a couple of outlets ( 2 ea European and US) as I remember. If you are going to need more than two at any one time you might want to consider bringing a power strip.

The television sets are all modern flat screen LCDs. I have never tried to plug anything into the set so can't tell you if there are connections for video games etc.

There are certainly organized activities on sea days; they run from bingo, games, to serious lectures and demonstrations. One piece of advice: there are essentially no announcements on the ship except for the noon position report, so you do need to look at your daily and figure out if there is something that interests you.

TV channels vary according to location and reception since it's satellite. Usually some real football....and the BBC. CNN international is worse than in the US.

Hope that's helpful.

We tried to hook up our iPod to the TV on Journey and the necessary controls were disabled. They don't provide the original remote control, so we couldn't figure out any way to enable the features. Guest Relations and engineering declined to help us out.

I recommend that you bring a short extension cord with extra outlets - we found that very useful.:)

And please join our Roll Call - it's a fun group!:D

- In doing some searches it seems that bringing bottled water onboard is not an issue - but if we decide not to do this can you buy bottled water by the case once you board? Any idea on recent prices if you are able to?

Just arrived home from Quest and water cost $4.72/bottle including the 18% service charge. We were in a suite so did not pay for the water in our room but did have it delivered by the crate. [i have to drink a lot of water.] On Celebrity there was not problem in buying it by the crate and I would think that there would be less problem on Quest. They wet out of their way to meet ANY request people had.

- Are there any scans of recent daily programs (preferably from sea days)? I found a few that were from when Azamara first launched, but I bet things have changed a bit. If you don't have scans, but have sailed recently, could you give me an idea of some of the daily activities.. I am assuming no typical pool games but is there organized stuff during the day?

I have all the daily programs from our cruise but, as I said, have only JUST returned home so no scans. As ours was a 24 day, cruise with more than 50% sea days, I doubt that the programs with be the same. 25 daily programs is really too much to scan in and post! Is there anything in particular you want to know about?

- What is the outlet situation in a normal ocean view cabin? Are we limited to one near the TV or are there some by the bed, etc? We have A LOT of electronics to plug in. :)

Even in the Penthouse suite there were not too many outlets if you have a LOT of electronics [primarily because there are both US and European style outlets] and they were not always where you may want them. I would suggest taking a four-gang extension lead as we did. I bought a really cheap, lightweight one from Poundland [like a dollar shop] in the UK and this was perfect.

- We want to bring our Nintendo Wii - the TV looks like a modern flat screen.. did anyone happen to look at the connections on the side to see what they are? (and yes, I know, so much to do...why would we want to play video games....;) )

Sorry, no idea about this one BUT Wii was available in the Looking Glass lounge everyday so you may prefer to leave yours at home.

- What TV channels can we expect to have in Europe? I am assuming BBC World, CNN International... but anything else?

TV channels will depend entirely on what can be picked up via satalite whereever you happen to be at the time. From Singapore to Athens, this varied considerably as we progressed. I know a lot of people were upset because CNN was not always available but if it wasn't available ... In addition to satalite TV, there were free videos on demand [fairly limited choice but we found it enough for 24 days] and a good selection of pay-per-view films with a good number of recent releases.

Have a great cruise. Wish we were going back soon.

Sue

Thanks in advance!

The outlets- very few as I recall. 2 in the bedroom and 2 in the bathroom.

Activites- I was on a 14 day Med. cruise last May on Quest- we were only at sea 2 days. One of the best sea day activities was a cooking demonstration by the head chef. He made a rack of lamb with all the fixings- it was fun, educational and yummy as the guest got to eat the demo! The arts and crafts was poorly attended (3 people) and therefore was somewhat lacking. When we were docked in Barcelona the ship brought on flamego dancers for the night's entertainment. They were excellent. Have a great cruise!

Cathy

Archived