Pride of America-Just returned

OMargie

Can anyone tell me about the Romance package on the PoA? What does it include, and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance!

as far as I know it is the same on all ships. bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive, a bottle of wine with your dinner for 2 in Le Bistro (and they may sing to you), a cake and champagne party where they'll take your picture. you get to keep the picture. canapes are served one evening during the cruise. $79 total. If you were planning on dining at Le Bistro and buying wine and getting a picture, it's a little cheaper this way, with the canapes being a freebee, plus the champagne at the party.

as far as I know it is the same on all ships. bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive, a bottle of wine with your dinner for 2 in Le Bistro (and they may sing to you), a cake and champagne party where they'll take your picture. you get to keep the picture. canapes are served one evening during the cruise. $79 total. If you were planning on dining at Le Bistro and buying wine and getting a picture, it's a little cheaper this way, with the canapes being a freebee, plus the champagne at the party.

Who do you contact to pre-arrange this, your TA, or NCL? I would like to do this for our anniversary next June.

Thanx!

My husband and I just booked this ship for a 7 day Hawaiian cruise in November... Is that the same trip you just returned from? Any pointers you could give would be great! We have never cruised before and would appreciate any helpful info.

Here is an excellent POA trip report done by ND23, very detailed and filled with photos. Even though we were on POA in April of 07, I'm going to print out his series of posts and use it as a guide for our POA cruise in November.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=783914

Can anyone tell me about the Romance package on the PoA? What does it include, and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance!

Get it! It is great and we have already planned for Sept. Also comes with choc dipped strawberries. Well worth the money and a nice treat.

I did it as a surprise for my hubby last time. That was fun.

One thing I would do next time is to bring a soft cooler and sandwich bags and make a sandwich to take ashore for the rental car days. At breakfast they have a sandwich station on those days where you can pack a lunch.

Hi Margie. Thanks for the tip about bringing a cooler and baggies to pack sandwiches. I leave tomorrow for a cruise on the POA! -Crystal

We're also on the Oct. 3rd cruise! We'll be flying out of O'Hare that day & landing around 2:00 p.m. (God Willing!). I've heard so many bad things about this cruise I'm happy to be reading these remarks! We've booked a balcony room - Hope to see you there........Gail

Yeah! No formal night. I'm really looking forward to this cruise and trying a new cruise line. After so many cruises with RCL they are all starting to blend together same menus, same shows, same games, etc.

When reading the reviews I usually disregard the ones with the really low ratings. I do read them and they usually make me laugh. I mean does a stain on the carpet really ruin your entire cruise? The only thing I could imagine ruining any cruise would be illness or an injury of some sort.

Sadly Barbee, for some it does ruin their entire cruise...some people just live beneath a storm cloud all the time! :(

DT

We're also on the Oct. 3rd cruise! We'll be flying out of O'Hare that day & landing around 2:00 p.m. (God Willing!). I've heard so many bad things about this cruise I'm happy to be reading these remarks! We've booked a balcony room - Hope to see you there........Gail

Gail,

We're also flying out of O'Hare but we're going two days early on Oct. 1. We'll be spending 2 nights in Honolulu before the cruise.

We're planning on staying 2 days following the cruise! I'm looking forward to it. I was just researching rental cars for a few of the islands, as we'd rather do our own sightseeing........Hope to see you in October! :)

Hi Margie, sailing on 8/1 and looking forward to it.

1-What dining areas are open late for midnight snacks (pizza, bugers, deserts...)

2- Do the rooms come with any toiletries ( razor/ shaving cream...) or just soap and shampoo?

3- Do the evening shows repeat so you don't miss one if you eat later?

Thanks.

Mike.

Just returned from the Pride of America and if anyone has any questions just let me know.

Margaret

We will be sailing in 2 weeks... I have several questions:

1) Did you fiind more people dressed casual during dinner than other cruises?

2) Did they blantantly allow food off the ship (in response to your remark about making sandwiches) since other posts have been adamant about NCL not allowing food off the ship at ports?

• 2 weeks later...
Just returned from the Pride of America and if anyone has any questions just let me know.

Margaret

Margie--thanks for offering to answer questions. I have just booked this cruise as a surprise 20th anniversary trip for my husband. It is far off

(April 2011), but I am already planning! Any shore excursion tips? What are must the "must sees" at each island?

NCL has a Lahaina On your Own Tour on Sunday, the 1st port. What is there to see in Lahaina? We don't want to go over just to shop. Is there a map of Lahaina at shore tour desk to take along? Can you go back to the ship when you want or just at the one time of 3 PM? THANKS for any help with this. Time is coming close & we can't decide if we want to take this tour for the whole day if it is mostly just shopping to do there.

We have also read a few nasty reviews of POA. Decided we are going to have a great cruise. No matter what others say!!

We are sailing on POA on June 27th till July 4 2009. Anyone else going to be on this sailing??

Archived