dishonesty with soda package

From the original post..the cups do change from yr to yr,

and I have not had good luck with mine to use at home..

they leaked terribly so they got thrown away. I wish

they would make them better to be used at home for re-fillable

coffee at our local Sheetz.

Davina

The cost for the soda card for a week on the Mariner was $42 for adults and $28 for kids. Plus they add a 15% gratuity when you buy the card. Prices are the same fleetwide I think. It's based on a daily cost - $6 per night for adults and $4 per night for kids.

It was worth it for my husband since he drinks a lot of soda and had no probem getting soda when showing his seapass with the soda sticker anywhere on the ship. He did not carry the mug around.

Noreen

The price of a coke is maybe a nickel. Who cares if someone shares a soda card here and there. It's built into the system, don't you think RCL knows a few cokes are shared.

What the product costs the cruise line is irrelevant. So all you wink and a nod people are taking money out of my pocket when I purchase a drink card that goes up in price because of all the stealing that goes on.

When you go to MickeyD's do you order a combo with the drink and your child gets a kid burger and no drink? Do you think it is okay to get the free refills and share the drink with your child although you did not buy one for him?

The price of a coke is maybe a nickel. Who cares if someone shares a soda card here and there. It's built into the system, don't you think RCL knows a few cokes are shared.

I'm afraid that I completely disagree with you. As far as I'm concerned it is the thin end of the wedge - the wedge being dishonesty.

All this outrage over a nickel product. I'll bet those that complain about sharing a soda here and there think nothing of stealing big revenue from the cruise line by smuggling in alcohol.

Let's do the math $42 x 20 = 840 divided by 7 days that's 120 sodas per day on a soda card for the cruiseline to break even. So if you drink 121 sodas a day their going into the red on a soda card. Not to mention the amount of time you'll be spending in the restroom.

I've never purchased a soda card since I don't drink soda I just thought the math was fun.

I agree with you, Rancher Dave. If one "needs" soda that badly, then consider it a cost of cruisig, and budget it in.

Yeah, I budget in tours, tips, extra tips, booze...when I figure out the total cruise cost and if I like it or not. Oh, can't forget the duty free booze to bring home...wonder how that works on an AK cruise when I am coming back in via Canada and driving my own car...

Let's do the math $42 x 20 = 840 divided by 7 days that's 120 sodas per day on a soda card for the cruiseline to break even. So if you drink 121 sodas a day their going into the red on a soda card. Not to mention the amount of time you'll be spending in the restroom.

I've never purchased a soda card since I don't drink soda I just thought the math was fun.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I dont understand your math at all.

All this outrage over a nickel product. I'll bet those that complain about sharing a soda here and there think nothing of stealing big revenue from the cruise line by smuggling in alcohol.

So if it's a nickel, why don't they just charge a reasonable fee. Lets say $1.00 a day then everyone would get one.

The outrage is not about the nickel, it's about being dishonest and teaching it to your kiddos. I'm tired of paying higher prices to cover the losses due to theft and defaults on credit cards.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I dont understand your math at all.

$42 divided by the nickles 20 per dollar divided by the number of days. Basically beverages for any cruise line or restaurant are their cash cow which is why most restaurants will give you free refills on coffee and soft drinks. I used to work for a beer distributor and when you pay $7 - 8 for a beer at a concert or sporting venue they are making about $1,000 per barrel of beer. I am not complaining just stating the facts.

No, Mom & Dad won't be embarrassed, after all they probably do the same. They'll be mad the kiddos got caught.

Mommy and Daddy probably smuggled booze in their suitcases.:p And yes will probably be mad the kids got caught stealing. Not because kids shouldn't steal but because they didn't follow instructions and got caught.

Personally, I don't understand anyone who would pay these outrageous prices for soda. It's completely rediculous. Are people really so lazy that they'd WAY over pay just for convenience? Even if you fly in, there's 50 convenience stores and grocery stores between the terminal and the airport!

They allow you to bring as much soda as you'd like on board!! Why would you steal something and excuse the behavior by saying it's too expensive when you can just bring a 12 pack on board for 4.99 or less? :rolleyes:

We always bring a duffel bad with 3 12 packs and 18 bottled waters. We tag 'em and they are delivered to our room with our luggage. We leave the soda in their cardboard carriers and stick a few every day into the ice bucket and ask for an extra ice bucket. At the end of the week, the duffel bag is where gifts, special items we won, etc...come back home with us and we carry it off the ship along with our carry-on luggage. It's very light on the return trip and very convenient for those things you don't want to get ruined in a large suitcase.

Again, sodas are CHEAP on land. How in the world can you justify stealing something? Seriously...they're 4.99 and under for 12 of them!!

$42 divided by the nickles 20 per dollar divided by the number of days. Basically beverages for any cruise line or restaurant are their cash cow which is why most restaurants will give you free refills on coffee and soft drinks. I used to work for a beer distributor and when you pay $7 - 8 for a beer at a concert or sporting venue they are making about $1,000 per barrel of beer. I am not complaining just stating the facts.

Oh I get it now. Sometimes im a little slow. The cruise lines are ripping the consumers off big time with this card. Yet the consumers defend their actions as if theyre really apart of the company. Times have truly changed.

How many of you so outraged over the cost for a drink card are outraged by the $1.50 or more for a soft drink in a fast food restaurant, $2.50 or more at a full service restaurant, $4 or $5 at a sporting event? Same product, same outrageous mark up, except at these places you can't bring your own. Cool thing on a ship - if you don't want to spring for the card, room service will still provide you with ice to cool your own soft drinks.

Personally, I don't understand anyone who would pay these outrageous prices for soda. It's completely rediculous. Are people really so lazy that they'd WAY over pay just for convenience? Even if you fly in, there's 50 convenience stores and grocery stores between the terminal and the airport!

They allow you to bring as much soda as you'd like on board!! Why would you steal something and excuse the behavior by saying it's too expensive when you can just bring a 12 pack on board for 4.99 or less? :rolleyes:

We always bring a duffel bad with 3 12 packs and 18 bottled waters. We tag 'em and they are delivered to our room with our luggage. We leave the soda in their cardboard carriers and stick a few every day into the ice bucket and ask for an extra ice bucket. At the end of the week, the duffel bag is where gifts, special items we won, etc...come back home with us and we carry it off the ship along with our carry-on luggage. It's very light on the return trip and very convenient for those things you don't want to get ruined in a large suitcase.

Again, sodas are CHEAP on land. How in the world can you justify stealing something? Seriously...they're 4.99 and under for 12 of them!!

Very well put!!

So, you take your own soft drinks to ball games? I can imagine the next time I go out to dinner I whip out my own canned Coke and ask for a glass of ice because I don't want to pay the going rate at the restaurant.

How many of you so outraged over the cost for a drink card are outraged by the $1.50 or more for a soft drink in a fast food restaurant, $2.50 or more at a full service restaurant, $4 or $5 at a sporting event? Same product, same outrageous mark up, except at these places you can't bring your own. Cool thing on a ship - if you don't want to spring for the card, room service will still provide you with ice to cool your own soft drinks.

$1.50 charge at a fast food restaurant isn't truly a ripoff as the cups are generally huge and refills are given. You could drink the equivalent of 6 pack for the price and it would be a ok with those establishments

$1.50 charge at a fast food restaurant isn't truly a ripoff as the cups are generally huge and refills are given. You could drink the equivalent of 6 pack for the price and it would be a ok with those establishments

Not if you go through the drive through on top of that the blasted cup is filled to the brim with ice. The $1.50 is the small - you go up in size some are well over $2. Plus part of this topic was sharing - do you feel it is okay when getting the refill to give it to Johnny or Suzie?

How much is the unlimited soda card for a 7 night cruise on the Voyager in the Caribbean please?

Davina

it's the same regardless of which ship or where you sail to. $6.90 per day times the number of days of your cruise.

Not if you go through the drive through on top of that the blasted cup is filled to the brim with ice. The $1.50 is the small - you go up in size some are well over $2. Plus part of this topic was sharing - do you feel it is okay when getting the refill to give it to Johnny or Suzie?

Regardless if I go to the drive thru or not, i have the option to go inside and get a refill. I can also ask for no ice if I choose to. And as I recall this thread, you went off topic, not me with this whole fast food thing. I could care less if Johnny or Suzie shared an expensive soda card. $42 isnt keeping Royal afloat, its pure profit. I dont mind them making money but when you mark up a product over 500%, thats a major problem.

Simply put - RCL has a price on a product they sell. It is your choice to purchase or not. If you prefer not to purchase the card you have a number of options, bring your own, drink only the included lemonade and ice tea or buy it by the can on the ship.

What fountain drinks costs the business - either ship or McD's is none of my business as I see it; what they charge for it is and if it is worth it to me.

LOL at the thought of going through the drive through getting a drink and 1 hour later going back to the fast food place and ask for a refill. Not having worked in fast food - I wonder if they allow you to get a refill on a drink you purchased on a previous visit?

All this, just as most everyone else has posted on this topic is JMHO.

Archived