Highlights of the Aegean

Just wondering if anyone has been on this one ? We are considering it on Celebration in Otober 2010 - we have cruised before but not with Thomson so any help would be great.

We are looking at an outside cabin - is it worth upgrading to a higher deck - normally we dont spend too much time in the cabin - your thoughts please?

Also due to work commitments October time is probably the only time we can go - so any other itineraries suggested - would still like a bit of sunshine.

Thanks

Barbara

Just wondering if anyone has been on this one ? We are considering it on Celebration in Otober 2010 - we have cruised before but not with Thomson so any help would be great.

We are looking at an outside cabin - is it worth upgrading to a higher deck - normally we dont spend too much time in the cabin - your thoughts please?

Also due to work commitments October time is probably the only time we can go - so any other itineraries suggested - would still like a bit of sunshine.

Thanks

Barbara

I dont mind if I have inside or out to be honest. Like you say, you don't spend that much time in there.

I have my eye on the Thomson Spirit Jewels of the Mediterranean cruise on the 23rd October.

We did the same cruise in 2006. It is the last cruise of the season for the Spirit ship. That brings a number of advantages:

1) The day you get off, nobody will be getting on. This means you do not have to leave your cabin early, and can stay in it till you depart for the airport. Usful if you have a late flight.

2) The staff are in party mode all week because they are going to be going home to visit family etc

also the tinerary is quite good, and last time we also had very good weather.

I am thinking of this next year as part of a back to back with Ottoman treasures. In choosing a flight I note from the Marmaris site that the airport transfer time is about 90 minutes, :eek:

Gosh I had forgotten that - it is 90 inutes - we were on a land trip in Marmaris a number of years ago. Not sure now - after the 412 hr flight and then another 90 minutes transfer - may look at something else. Unfortunately we are limited to a couple of cruises with direct flights from Belfast. Many other UK flights are very early in morning so that would mean us going to the main land the previous day so with an extra flight & overnight accommodation it hikes the cost up a lot.

Anyway decisions, decisons!!

THanks

Barbara

I am thinking of this next year as part of a back to back with Ottoman treasures. In choosing a flight I note from the Marmaris site that the airport transfer time is about 90 minutes, :eek:

Archived