Formal Night on the Celebration

Not 100% sure but I think formal night on the Colourful Coasts was Tuesday but obviously that may cahnge with itineries.You cant choose,what happens is you will get an invitation through your door and it will be one of two colours.What colour you get dictates what sitting you go to i.e yellow is early sitting etc.

It's usually on the sea day. If you are going on the Celebration during this season (2009) the first day after leaving Corfu is the sea day and I would anticipate this would be the formal night - so that's Saturday night.

You are allocated a sitting - details will be with the information you receive on embarkation but the Maitre d' usually has a desk outside of the main dining room (times will be advertised in the Cruise News) where you can go to do a swap. I've never known there be a problem changing sittings - there are always some who would prefer the opposite to you and of course, some choose not to dine in the Meridain anyway preferring the Lido so there's not too much pressure on space.

Colourful Coasts is a bit different - there are three embarkation points so they can't have it on any of those days - it will depend on where you join the cruise as to whether it's early or late in your week's cruise. It's usually on the day at La Palma because that's an early sail away. If it fits in with the schedule, sea days are good for the Formal night as the Captain has to be avialable at 5.30 for the cocktail party which wouldn't be easy if they were just about to leave port - to say nothing of people not having much time to get ready if they've been on shore excursions etc.

There is a formal night on the Colourful Coasts itinery, it is just not on the sea day. So you can wear your dinner jacket and be smart like everyone else.

Or you can go smart casual on that night and eat in the Lido

I think the men look fantastic all dressed up in their Tux and dickies, I think that the evenings are great and Its nice to see that people make an effort to look smart. I love putting on a nice dress for dinner. lunchtimes we have eaten in the lido and once or twice snacked there at 2 am,but evenings I like the waiter service its all part of the cruise experiance. to me.

I think the men look fantastic all dressed up in their Tux and dickies, I think that the evenings are great and Its nice to see that people make an effort to look smart. I love putting on a nice dress for dinner. lunchtimes we have eaten in the lido and once or twice snacked there at 2 am,but evenings I like the waiter service its all part of the cruise experiance. to me.

Thank god the Escape is doing Colourful Coasts in December. I can relax and leave my suit at home. I'm on holiday, I wouldn't take my suit to a hotel on a resort holiday, so why should I on a ship?

I cruise to see lots of different places in one holiday not for the cruising alone.

Berwyn

Philistine..................lol........................:D:D:D:D

It is addictive though as you can see my future bookings in my sig.

Great way to see the world, unpack once and wake up in different places each morning.

Berwyn

we did the celebration and the formal night was on a sunday,but they let you know before anyway;dress is dinner suit or shirt and tie just smart dress really, fortunately you are on the best ship ,i just wish we were back on it !:)

Can anyone tell me what day the formal night is usually on. And do you get to choose what time that you want to have dinner that night.

Just been out and bought myself a tux so i should look smart.

Just been out and bought myself a tux so i should look smart.

Hi Sunbather11

I bet you will look fantastic, I love seeing the men in the DJ's, much nicer than when you are on land holidays and blokes seem to wander round in football shirts etc, my hubby excluded as he dont own any...lol

When are you sailing?

we were on colourful coast and were given the earlysitting. we wanted the late one so i went to reception and asked to swop, the receptionist just gave us a different invite. have a great holiday . :)

Hi Sunbather11

I bet you will look fantastic, I love seeing the men in the DJ's, much nicer than when you are on land holidays and blokes seem to wander round in football shirts etc, my hubby excluded as he dont own any...lol

When are you sailing?

3rd of july hope there is somewhere i can live up to my name and do some sunbathing.

Archived