Obstructed cabin on the Pride..Uh Oh!

madre2

Oh No...I have just been reading some reviews about how bad the Obstructed cabins Cat 7A are...I thought they would be better than no balcony...but now people are saying they would rather just have had a window. I have already booked a 7A for my family of 4..just to give us a little extra space, and final payment is due Friday. I just called Carnival, and the oceanview are now more than I paid for the Obstructed view. Any suggestions? And for those of you that said they are terrible cabins...can you give me more details?

I can't imagine the obstructed balcony being worse than the ocean view. Especially if the ocean view costs more. Just being able to have the fresh air would be better than the window.

I switched my inside to the obstructed view balcony and I have no concerns or issues with the room that we will get.

I am probably the one you are talking about.....don't take me wrong the cruise was wonderful. I posted pics everyone needs to make their own choice. I saw pics of other obstructed views and they were fine, mine was not. I should have researched. I have a balcony booked for my Alaska cruise, just not an obstructed.

486178650_Carnival003.jpg.d075fc204628087c989c7e087fcabfe7.jpg

439156300_Carnival019.jpg.93c95c82b74c3688c2f0425e823f8957.jpg

How can one obstructed bacony be better or worse than another obstructed?? I just booked an obstr. on the Miracle. Got a heck of a good deal (I think), but now I'm thinking maybe I didn't. Please explain this to me. I'm a Carnival virgin, and was hoping for a glowing first experience. :eek:

We were on the Pride last April. We paid for gaurntee ov and upgraded to a 7a balcony, room 5153. We were more then happy with it. The view wasn't all that bad. The life boats are there, but you can see over them to the ocean, you just can't see the water looking down. It was still nice sitting outside drinking coffee in you pjs. (order room service). We were in between boats also which might make a difference from being directly in front of.

Even if you don't use the balcony, just being able to open the doors and let fresh air come in would be worth it. Also it's still a semi private deck even without the perfect view. Some place to go in and relax in the ocean breeze without the crowds.

Here are the pics of beav2 rm 5153 obstructed view.

obstructedpride1.jpg

obstructedpride2.jpg

You can see yourself, there is a difference in the view. I would have been happy with that view. I think there are just 2 or 3 cabins that have the last tall lifeboat that the view is blocked more that the others. In 5158 you are not going to have the tall boat and roof, you are going to have more like 5153.

Even are one side to of the ship even on the other.

But, again she is a beautiful ship and how long are you in the cabin!

I was researching a lot about the 7As, but then the price of 8A came down so low, we just decided to book that.

Anyway, I found that the first 3 lifeboats on each side of the ship are higher than the others, so try to get back further if possible. Also, if you can plan to get between two lifeboats that would be best. Use the ship layout when selecting a cabin.

Oh No...I have just been reading some reviews about how bad the Obstructed cabins Cat 7A are...I thought they would be better than no balcony...but now people are saying they would rather just have had a window. I have already booked a 7A for my family of 4..just to give us a little extra space, and final payment is due Friday. I just called Carnival, and the oceanview are now more than I paid for the Obstructed view. Any suggestions? And for those of you that said they are terrible cabins...can you give me more details?

It is a matter of preference. What is bad for some might be awesome for others. I booked a 5A on the Pride and was totally happy with it. Sure I would rather have a balcony but the price difference wasn't worth it to me. I got a door that opened to allow fresh air but there was a lifeboat right in front of me. I picked a cabin that was between lifeboats so the obstruction wasn't too bad but the price was cheaper than a regular ocean view but I got a door that opened and for less $. I was extremely happy and so was my hubby. Even though our previous cruise on the Spirit was in an extended balcony we were happy with the 5A. It has a lot to do with attitude. With 4 of you, you need the balcony so others can change/shower etc. In that case, obstructed view is better than ocean view. What is most important?

2930857000040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2904471650040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

My sister had the Obstructed view cabin on the Pride on the Upper Deck and they had no problems with it whatsoever. I didn't think it was too bad either. They were able to keep the door open at night with a bungee cord, and they loved it. Sounds like it's a better deal than the OV so I'd keep it!

We are all worried about our cabins that we booked,lol.

We will be in cabin 5237. I hope it is a good one.

Does anyone have any pictures from this cabin or a similar one? It is one with the lower lifeboats.

Thanks

I knew when I booked the obstructed view that it would not be like having a true balcony. I am not at all worried about it. We have 5151 and 5153 booked on Carnival Pride for June 26th. It was a lot less expensive than a balcony and an inside would have been.

I think we will be pleasantly happy with our choice.

Vicki

My understanding is that forward obstructed view cabins have lifeboats that are taller and have a canopy since they are used to tender. Aft obstructed view cabins have lifeboats about even with the balcony floor.....looking out and to the sides would be no problem.....only real obstruction is down. Is this correct? Marty

Yes, that is correct Marty. Check out the link for pics in my previous post. There are views from inside the cabin that will give you a pretty good idea. We were back by the three aft lifeboats.

How do you find prices on 7 A ? I only see 4. 6 and 8 listed on carnival

Then you are clicking the choice for Carnival to choose the cabin for you. You need to choose the other choice where you pick your own cabin.

How do you find prices on 7 A ? I only see 4. 6 and 8 listed on carnival

If it is available 7A would be the first to come up when you select "balcony" to price out....Marty

Yes, that is correct Marty. Check out the link for pics in my previous post. There are views from inside the cabin that will give you a pretty good idea. We were back by the three aft lifeboats.

Thanks Tony....good pics.

Do 7A balconies sell out quickly? I could switch my booking to the Early Saver Fare and save $1100 for the 10 of us. I know the deposit is non refundable but I do have insurance.

Also....Always been more midship.....any extra movement on an aft balcony.

Thanks

Marty

How can one obstructed bacony be better or worse than another obstructed?? I just booked an obstr. on the Miracle. Got a heck of a good deal (I think), but now I'm thinking maybe I didn't. Please explain this to me. I'm a Carnival virgin, and was hoping for a glowing first experience. :eek:

Depends on what's obstructing your view and the extent to which it is obstructed.

Thanks Tony....good pics.

Do 7A balconies sell out quickly? I could switch my booking to the Early Saver Fare and save $1100 for the 10 of us. I know the deposit is non refundable but I do have insurance.

Also....Always been more midship.....any extra movement on an aft balcony.

Thanks

Marty

This is my question, too, but in reverse. I'm trying to book my parents on the Pride, and there's a decent 7A rate, but only 5142 is available, which is at the first BIG lifeboat, and also has the "stick-out" wall blocking the view to the right. It'd probably be considerably obstructed.....I think.

It's been "the last 7A remaining" for almost a week. Is this a sales "scam"? I can't imagine that it's been sitting there, unsold, for a week, when it's the room that's automatically given you when you try to book past guest or residential or fun saver for a balcony.

What gives? Is this just a "placeholder" room to get more bookings, since it's cheaper? Will it ever go away? My parents have never sailed Carnival, so I want to get them a decent room first off. :)