Obstructed cabin on the Pride..Uh Oh!

madre2

This is great information-I had no idea what an OV was and did not realize that you had a door where you could go outside. We booked an inside for this cruise but might see about an OV in the future.

This is great information-I had no idea what an OV was and did not realize that you had a door where you could go outside. We booked an inside for this cruise but might see about an OV in the future.

Careful----an ocean view (OV) is not the same as a balcony!!

We had room 5229 on the Pride. It was an obstructed view balcony room and we LOVED it. We would book that same room every time. It was cheaper than an OV room. The view is fine over the lifeboat. We loved the fresh air. We loved the view. IMHO, I would always choose an obstructed view balcony over an OV, especially when the prices are often similar or even cheaper!Ajl9O5Vw3LVMFzUJMuEvxQ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ajl9O5Vw3LVMFzUJMuEvxQ?feat=directlink

Ajl9O5Vw3LVMFzUJMuEvxQ?feat=directlink

I greatly appreciate the pics and those that gave their obstr. balcony experiences. I'm sure we'll love it, and as has been said, we will after all be on a cruise. How bad can that be?? :rolleyes:

Thanks, I meant obstructed view. Had ocean view and not any big deal. Actually had a balcony too and too much smoking around us so I thought an obstructed view might be interesting.

Exactly and the ocean view being referred to in these posts (4F which used to be a 5A) do in fact have french doors that open BUT you can't go out them as there is a railing across them. I've also read that one some ships the doors no longer open but can't recall which ships that's true for.

The main 3 reasons I finally booked a 4F was being able to get an ocean view on a higher deck instead of down at the bottom of the ship, the ability to get daylight in the cabin and the price was the same as an inside cabin.

I've only heard of the obstructed 4F's and 7A's on the Spirit class ships (Miracle, Pride, Legend etc).

Edited by crazed

We had obstructed view balcony 5150 on Pride and it wasn't bad. Lucky for us, we were between the lifeboats. However, I distinctly remember thinking "man, sure am glad I don't have either of my neighbor's rooms!!"

It was our 1st balcony, so it was a novelty for us and we took full advantage of it!! ;) However, if/when we every go someplace like Alaska, where the "View" is really important, I would NOT select an obstructed view.

We booked this trip 7 days before it sailed and our only options were (1) obstructed view balcony or (2) inside cabins. We will NEVER have an inside cabin so this was the obvious choice. And the obstructed view cabins definintely have some great rates!!!

• 1 month later...

First of all thanks so much to everyone who posted room suggestions and pics - we appreciate you taking time to do that :)

My younger sis and I just booked a Category 7A (5176) on the Pride sailing 03/07/10. It was the same price as an Ocean View. Reading the comments and seeing the pictures in this thread helped us decide to take a gamble. We figured even if there is no view we'll still have a lot more natural daylight and a door we can open for some fresh air.

Although I did get a little spoiled on the cruise I just returned from - we had three adjacent Category 11 rooms. Nice! But that cruise went to Canada, and this one goes to the Bahamas! (even if it does leave from Baltimore in March which I'm sure will be freezing cold).

Thanks again everyone!

• 7 months later...
First of all thanks so much to everyone who posted room suggestions and pics - we appreciate you taking time to do that :)

My younger sis and I just booked a Category 7A (5176) on the Pride sailing 03/07/10. It was the same price as an Ocean View.

Me, my girlfriend, my best friend and his girlfriend are in 5168 & 5166 feel free to say hi!

My son and I were on the Pride last August and had an obstructed view balcony. I believe it was cabin 5186 on the port side and we had a great view. The boats were about knee level if that high. It was definitely nice to be able to go outside when we wanted to especially in the morning with my room service coffee and bagel. The balcony wasn't that wide but two chairs and a table fit on it. Our friends were in the next cabin and we had the stewards move the partition between so we could go back and forth without going out in the hallway. It was much better than an oceanview and the price was right. Enjoy!!

• 1 month later...
Hi jazm2011.

I am going to Befriend you hopefully I can then send you a personal message about room 5150 on Pride.

Actaully I am just looking to see if you have any balcony pics from 5150. I booked this room for my parents and wanted to see if my mom was going to have a small issue or a BIG issue.

• 4 years later...
Oh No...I have just been reading some reviews about how bad the Obstructed cabins Cat 7A are...I thought they would be better than no balcony...but now people are saying they would rather just have had a window. I have already booked a 7A for my family of 4..just to give us a little extra space, and final payment is due Friday. I just called Carnival, and the oceanview are now more than I paid for the Obstructed view. Any suggestions? And for those of you that said they are terrible cabins...can you give me more details?

I know this is old and all but I was wondering if you had some photos of 5151 or if not just remember if the view was OK or not? I got 5151 on my cruise on the pride soon and you seem to be the only one on CC with experience with it.