All things "Victory"

richbum

We have been on other Carnival ships with a wine tasting, or martini or margarita tasting for a reasonable price. Are there any on the Victory?

I would like to know the same thing and also if anyone knows when it is. I have seasrched through capers from May and can't find it. Maybe I'm just missing it.

We have been on other Carnival ships with a wine tasting, or martini or margarita tasting for a reasonable price. Are there any on the Victory?

I looked thru my capers from May and the only thing I found was Free Liquor Tasting and it was at 10:00 on Sunday.

I looked thru my capers from May and the only thing I found was Free Liquor Tasting and it was at 10:00 on Sunday.

10:00pm on Sunday? Isnt that Sail Away time? I would think they would want to do it some other time so they can get a better crowd and sell a bunch of booze. I guess I'll let the DW do sailaway and I'll get the booze :). Darn, i was hoping for a ceeegar at sailaway!!

Finally. . . I have begun posting my review.

It is long.

It is detailed.

It has alot of pictures!

If this interests you, you can begin reading it at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20720607&posted=1#post20720607

I will be posting something every day until I have covered every port of call.

cz

10:00pm on Sunday? Isnt that Sail Away time? I would think they would want to do it some other time so they can get a better crowd and sell a bunch of booze. I guess I'll let the DW do sailaway and I'll get the booze :). Darn, i was hoping for a ceeegar at sailaway!!

Yes, 10:00PM and that is sail away time too. They probably figure people would rather be at the sail away party instead of tasting free liquor ;). Maybe you could get one for each hand in a to go cup :p .

Edited by DOTTE

I have checked through my Capers from July 5-11.

You are in luck as there is a second Free Liquor Tasting opportunity available.

Here are all the ones I found.

Sailaway--10:00 pm, Atrium

St. Thomas--6:30 pm, Gift Shop

I have checked through my Capers from July 5-11.

You are in luck as there is a second Free Liquor Tasting opportunity available.

Here are all the ones I found.

Sailaway--10:00 pm, Atrium

St. Thomas--6:30 pm, Gift Shop

did you happen to notice anything for wine tasting?

This may be a stupid question, but her it goes.

Does anyone know what time it gets dark in San Juan?

I was there a little over a year ago on an Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale which put us arriving at 5pm. This time we are flying down 2 days before our cruise on the Victory. I have been trying to get a picture of a Carnival Ship at night when its all lit up. The closest I got was in San Juan,however, it started pouring down rain, and I was unable to get my shot.

Would like to get a picture before boarding.

Thank

This may be a stupid question' date=' but her it goes.

Does anyone know what time it gets dark in San Juan?

I was there a little over a year ago on an Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale which put us arriving at 5pm. This time we are flying down 2 days before our cruise on the Victory. I have been trying to get a picture of a Carnival Ship at night when its all lit up. The closest I got was in San Juan,however, it started pouring down rain, and I was unable to get my shot.

Would like to get a picture before boarding.

Thank[/quote']

When we were in San Juan in July, the sun began to set at 7:00 pm. By 7:30 it was dark.

Edited by dz63

Thanks dz63! Did you enjoy the Victory?

I will be on her in 49 days and I can't wait!

I loved San Jaun (what I got to see of it) when I was ther a year ago.

This time I have two full days to explore before we embark.

:) Yes, I loved the Carnival Victory!

I don't know if you have read my review or not, but I have lots of photo's and information about the Victory and ports of call posted.

cz

Edited by dz63

Thanks so much! I knew that someone on here would have a picture!

You are all an awesome group!

I don't know if the original poster of these pics is still around here, but maybe someone else will know. I see there is a top bunk, a mini sofa and what looks like a mattress on the floor next to the sofa. does anyone know if we could get a room with NO upper bunk, but just the sofa(if' it's pull out) and then the mattress on floor. My sister and I are sailing the Victory march 2010 with her 10 yo daughter and a 11 y0 friend of hers. They do not want to sleep in an upper bunk but could squeeze together on a sleeper sofa if slightly bigger option or mattresses on floor.Any ideas? We are just about to book. Our travel agent is looking into it but she never sailed this ship. Would rather have first hand experience. Thanks in advance

Thanks dz63! Did you enjoy the Victory?

I will be on her in 49 days and I can't wait!

I loved San Jaun (what I got to see of it) when I was ther a year ago.

This time I have two full days to explore before we embark.

Looks like we will be on the same cruise! We arrive two days early as well. I hope San Juan can handle us!:D

I'll be on the Victory 1/10/10. I have a question regarding the size of the shower stall in the Balcony cabin. There is concern that it will be very tight for someone who is very large. Is there a place where I can find the dimensions. I might have to switch to a suite to get a tub. What do handicapped balcony rooms have for a shower? Thanks for any help.

Yes, 10:00PM and that is sail away time too. They probably figure people would rather be at the sail away party instead of tasting free liquor ;). Maybe you could get one for each hand in a to go cup :p .

That sounds like a plan Dotte. the 10pm sail away is a problem for us! We usually try to go to the Muster Drill with a little buzz. Makes it alot more fun. With 6-8 hours on ship before muster, we may be more than a little buzzed!

That sounds like a plan Dotte. the 10pm sail away is a problem for us! We usually try to go to the Muster Drill with a little buzz. Makes it alot more fun. With 6-8 hours on ship before muster, we may be more than a little buzzed!

The muster drill takes a little longer on the Victory cause they do it in English and Spanish. Don't forget to pick up your booze in the duty free shop before you board :). You are going to have a great time on this cruise.

We are planning cruise on Victory next year with balconies/suite- is it possible to recall what side of ship faced toward shore in each port on Southern route?

Any recommedation port or starboard? We also like sun in afternoon on balcony- sometimes I get it right and always get sun coming and going each direction.

trying to decide to book starboard or port balcony. Wondering what side of ship faced dock at each port. Thanks for any help.

We are planning cruise on Victory next year with balconies/suite- is it possible to recall what side of ship faced toward shore in each port on Southern route?

Any recommedation port or starboard? We also like sun in afternoon on balcony- sometimes I get it right and always get sun coming and going each direction.

trying to decide to book starboard or port balcony. Wondering what side of ship faced dock at each port. Thanks for any help.

The port side of the ship (even numbered staterooms) faced the dock at ever port except in St. Lucia.

Edited by dz63

I'm very excited to report that tonight I booked a sailing for May 23 2010. I'm taking my husband, two of my three sons [ages 20 & 17] and we are sailing with our friends, who will be in the cabin next door & whose kids will be sharing a cabin with our kids. Balconys -- yeeeeah! We also are anxious to hear how everyone enjoyed this - my husband and I sailed on Legend this year, our first CCL cruise after two RCCL cruises. Hope that Victory is a good ship - I was bummed there is no supper club but oh well you can't have everything. In my opinion the Supper Club is one of the best deals CCL has.

But as long as I'm in the tropics this is no way I'll be complaining!