All things "Victory"

richbum

I just asked DH and he said it's a plain old pair of pliers. He said something about putting the handle in and using it as a ratchet. Surprised me. I remember the guys using everything from a pocket knife to vise grips (not sure why someone had that is their suitcase) to get the thing open. I didn't see what finally did it being such a scardy cat thinking we'd get in trouble and get thrown off the ship. LOL

Yeah, thanks for that detailed room link. I had it once and could never find it again. Made a bookmark this time. We usually just open the balcony doors ourselves. Has become quite the challenge among the menfolk in our group. I believe my DH has found the best tool which is already packed. Last year, the horrified room stewart ran to do it when he realized we were doing it ourselves. Kind of funny. Leaving for the airport hotel overnight tomorrow. About time....

Libtrek

I sit here smiling--they scan for alcohol but should be leary of men toting tool bags. We too have figured out balcony dividers (except ships that need a "boot" that connects to balcony railing), moved tv cable for a game system/dvd player, moved a shelf in closet... and they thought we only needed to pack duct tape :rolleyes:

p.s.we have also found most balcony dividers open from bow towards aft when swinging and secured, so if picking a balcony cabin amongst family, take the forward cabin so you have a view out window-not back of a balcony door.

I sit here smiling--they scan for alcohol but should be leary of men toting tool bags. We too have figured out balcony dividers (except ships that need a "boot" that connects to balcony railing), moved tv cable for a game system/dvd player, moved a shelf in closet... and they thought we only needed to pack duct tape :rolleyes:

p.s.we have also found most balcony dividers open from bow towards aft when swinging and secured, so if picking a balcony cabin amongst family, take the forward cabin so you have a view out window-not back of a balcony door.

BuffetFan,

How about the extended aft balconies? In which direction do they open?

BuffetFan,

How about the extended aft balconies? In which direction do they open?

Sorry no info on that one, perhaps another aft cruiseer can fill us in. I sometimes scroll thru photos on various photo servers and look for aft photos for hints. Time consuming..but fun to look at photos anyhow.

We have a late flight home. How late can we stay on the ship the last day?

We have one cruise stayed until 10:30am on lido deck eating breakfast as had a late flight too. I can say there was no food around to be seen or people by 10:40am and almost last off ship(Ft.Lauderdale & SanJuan). Previous cruise heard someone say all clear at 9:30am(Tampa)! So don't count on too long lounging around, and if want to eat-get food before it disappears!

Edited by buffetfan
typo

A friend mentioned that on Holland America they offered her an amazing deal to stay on board for another week. So does anyone know if Carnival Victory does this? I'm getting ready to book my flight and two of us would love to stay onboard another week. Any info helpful? New cruisers

We have a late flight home. How late can we stay on the ship the last day?

We were one of the last numbers called off the ship. It was 10:15 when it was our turn to debark. By 10:30 the last numbers were called and so anyone that was still on the ship had to debark at that time.

Quick question about the deck plan for the Victory on Carnival's web site. We're booked on an interior room on the Empress Deck (7257 to be exact). It isn't listed as one where the beds can be connected to make a queen/king size bed....but it isn't listed as one where it can't be connected together either. Is there a way to find out for certain if we can have 1 queen/king sized bed? Or should I just call Carnival?

Quick question about the deck plan for the Victory on Carnival's web site. We're booked on an interior room on the Empress Deck (7257 to be exact). It isn't listed as one where the beds can be connected to make a queen/king size bed....but it isn't listed as one where it can't be connected together either. Is there a way to find out for certain if we can have 1 queen/king sized bed? Or should I just call Carnival?

According to Carnival, any room with no symbols on it are 2 twin beds that can be converted into a King.

Does anyone know what time the porter will begin to accept luggage on the day of embarkation? I've been reading the reviews, and one thing in common is the mention of the heat of the day. Normally we are doing beach excursions so it doesn't really bother me, but we are planning on walking around OSJ, and going up to the fort. So I was thinking to check out early (we are going down a day early), and drop off luggage for 9am. Then doing sightseeing, and chilling out on the ship in the afternoon.

Thanks in advance!

My cruise is 2/7. I printed off documents last night and it says we don't start boarding until 2:30 p.m. I hope they will start taking our luggage before then as well. If not, you have about 2 1/2 hours minimum to worry about luggage after checking out of hotel. I guess if that's the case, the hotels will have a place to store for you.

Marlene

My cruise is 2/7. I printed off documents last night and it says we don't start boarding until 2:30 p.m. I hope they will start taking our luggage before then as well. If not, you have about 2 1/2 hours minimum to worry about luggage after checking out of hotel. I guess if that's the case, the hotels will have a place to store for you.

Marlene

Will you report back embarkation info?

Drop off time luggage, and what time you heard they started boarding (if you do not board early.)

thanks

p.s. also situation on the carry on alcohol- heard they were red tagging and searching bags which is new for SJU.

I got on the ship 12:30ish. Our hotel checkout was 12pm. I think they started letting people on a bit earlier than that. We were able to bring on 1 bottle of wine each. We did bring back 3 more later on in the evening. Also, we were able to bring more wine on in the other ports even though they tell you that you can't. They are more strict with hard liquor. I did bring on some of those little bottles without a problem.

Hope we get on a little early. So you took 2 bottles of wine on, got off ship for a while and brought on 2 more bottles of wine?

Yes, I will post when I get back - probably be 15th of Feb as we get back late on 14th.

As for the hard stuff, I'm taking my rum runners with me and fill them up once I get to OJS and then pack in luggage.

Spencer Ambrose Tours-we booked with him for 65.00 pp for the West Coast Delight tour. He's well recommended, sounds like a fun tour. Lunch and drinks and any entrance fees are included.

We booked the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar on Priceline for $45.00 for one night precruise. Seems like a great deal, but it's about 15 minutes from the cruise terminal. You can take a cab($12.00) or a bus (75cents) from the hotel to OSJ, however.

Will you report back embarkation info?

Drop off time luggage, and what time you heard they started boarding (if you do not board early.)

thanks

p.s. also situation on the carry on alcohol- heard they were red tagging and searching bags which is new for SJU.

Just off the Victory sailing date 01/10. We got to Port at 11 am and were allowed to board. Rooms were ready at 1:30 ish ( some earlier than others) Alcohol.....Sneak it on if you must because they sooooo were taking it from carry ons at the point of Xray. There is NO way to take off the red tag as others have suggested. Hope this helps.

Spencer Ambrose Tours-we booked with him for 65.00 pp for the West Coast Delight tour. He's well recommended, sounds like a fun tour. Lunch and drinks and any entrance fees are included.

We booked the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar on Priceline for $45.00 for one night precruise. Seems like a great deal, but it's about 15 minutes from the cruise terminal. You can take a cab($12.00) or a bus (75cents) from the hotel to OSJ, however.

We are going to be on the tour with Spencer Ambrose in St Lucia with you.... it does sound like a great tour. Last year we stayed at marriott miramar precruise two nights and it was nice we paid $39 but it was through an employee discount. There is a great restarant there just down the street called Los Pinos very inexpensive and very good authentic Puerto Rican food. The bus is really quite easy to and from old town. See you on the cruise maybe?

Sorry for such a lame question but I was trying to figure out how to add my logo at the bottom of the posts that shows when I'm sailing and what boat. I see many people have it and I wanted to join the club. Thanks in advance!

Hi Hawks, it's at the top COUNTDOWN CLOCKS ..towards the middle - four options over from your User CP...it should walk you right through it! hope this helps..

Edited by EMTRa

Laundry Rooms

*Riviera Deck 1

Across from staterooms: 1351 / 1353

*Main Deck 2

Across from staterooms: 2365 / 2367

*Upper Deck 6

Across from staterooms: 6389 / 6391

*Empress Deck 7

Across from staterooms s: 7339 / 7341

*Verandah Deck 8:

Across from staterooms: 8349 / 8351