NCL Southward

cruisdog

My DW and I sailed on the Southward in '93 or '94 out of San Pedro to Ensenada for a 3 or 4 day cruise, does anyone know if that is indeed the name of the ship and if it is, what became of it? Just curious. Thanks

Our honeymoon cruise was our first cruise. 5/6/84 on the MS Southward to the Eastern Caribbean.

Celebrating the 25th anniversary of that memory in a couple days.

Just pulled out the cruise tickets, dailies, on board info, etc from that cruise that I recently found in a box in our basement. She was an intimate, fun ship. Heck, at 700 passengers, almost a tender by today's standards.

We got so hammered at the Newlyweds party on Yellow Birds. I will always remember another night trying to dance at the disco that I believe was on one of the top decks forward. Pretty rocky night at sea and we were bouncin off our fellow dancers.

Still remember lamenting the last night of our honeymoon cruise and passing the SS Norway on her way to the Eastern caribbean as we headed back to Miami. We made a promise that night to sail the Norway some day. ( We eventually did, 7 times)

Ahhh the memories.

Amazingly enough, we were docked in Istanbul in 2007 right behind the old Southward (now Perla) and catty corner from Windstar's Wind Spirit. The Southward was my very first cruise in 1981, while the Wind Spirit was the cruise I honeymooned on in 1988. It was like old home week for me. :D

I loved NCL's "white fleet", the Southward, Starward, Skyward and Sunward II, which were not to be confused with the Blue Lady, the incomparable S/S Norway. I sailed all of them, some quite a few times. Good times! :)

• 2 years later...

I loved NCL's "white fleet", the Southward, Starward, Skyward and Sunward II, which were not to be confused with the Blue Lady, the incomparable S/S Norway. I sailed all of them, some quite a few times. Good times! :)

Me too! Check out my avatar, that was my first cruise - The Starward. Ended up on her twice, Skyward once and Southward three times! Loved those ships. :)

Archived