Star/Seattle Embarkation/Disembark Qs

1st NCL cruise, couple Qs for those who have sailed the Star out of Seattle:)

*unsure of when would be best time to arrive @ pier 66, have read posts between 8 am & 1 pm:confused:.

We must check out of downtown hotel by 11 am, appears a short taxi ride to pier. Unsure of traffic issues though on a Saturday. We had hoped to walk around a bit that am, then check out of hotel late am; now not sure if it's a good idea or not.

*original flight time home was @ 12:30 pm. we had planned on self disembarking & scheduling towncar for 9:00 am pickup, hoping to be on our way by 9:30 am.

AirTran changed our flight time to 1:30 pm (hopefully the last:rolleyes:time they tweak it...grrr). Would it be safe to do either the regular embarkation process (called by colors corresponding to flight times i assume?) or perhaps the paid express luggage service wherein NCL prints out our boarding passes?

just don't want to miss our flight home (July 4th, Saturday)

TIA

AirTran changed our flight time to 1:30 pm (hopefully the last:rolleyes:time they tweak it...grrr). Would it be safe to do either the regular embarkation process (called by colors corresponding to flight times i assume?) or perhaps the paid express luggage service wherein NCL prints out our boarding passes?

just don't want to miss our flight home (July 4th, Saturday)

TIA

I can't answer your first questions about Seattle, but NCL's disembarkation colors are chosen by you. They will provide you with a list of times and corresponding colors. You choose the color that best suits the time that you want to leave. Or, you could simply carry your luggage off the boat and leave at any time.

FYI: The airport is about 20-25 minutes from the cruise port.

If you show up late morning, getting there around noon to board, you should be fine.

Getting to airport - you should be fine. either with arranged transport, or just catch a cab. Seattle airport is sometimes rough on a cruise day.

Make sure you check out the PORTS OF CALL message boards for more about Seattle and Alaska.

Yes, the best time to arrive at the Bell Street Terminal (Pier 66) is between 11 AM and noon on embarkation day.

Never cruised out of Seattle but this time has always worked for me in all ports.

You are doing the right thing staying the night before so you will be there and just need to get to the pier, you will be fine.

This is our plan on the day we sail too.

With three cruise ships arriving and departing on weekends, Saturdays included, the last time I flew out of Seattle it took us two hours just to get through security at SeaTac. Its the worst airport in America as far as the lines to get through security.

We barely made our 1 PM flight. Since there aren't any later flights to my home from Seattle, this time I am planning on flying back the next day on Monday.....

With three cruise ships arriving and departing on weekends, Saturdays included, the last time I flew out of Seattle it took us two hours just to get through security at SeaTac. Its the worst airport in America as far as the lines to get through security.

We barely made our 1 PM flight. Since there aren't any later flights to my home from Seattle, this time I am planning on flying back the next day on Monday.....

Like many folks we normally go to the port the day before the cruise and leave the day after. This way we avoid the rush to get from/to the airport on cruise days. Yes, it adds to the cost of the trip but in most cases it's worth it.

thanks all, 11 am-ish it is, one of the nice things about cruising out of seattle is the 3 hr time difference from EST, def won't be rushed in the am;)...course i may find myself nodding off w/3-4 hr time difference during dinner lol

guess we'll keep to the plan of disembarking around 9 am, jik. Did visit the alaskan & seattle boards (very helpful folk, especially Karen on the seattle one:)). Still wavering between setting up towncar or trying our luck via a cab...not sure as to how many would be available. Have seen feast or famine @ other ports; hate to chance waiting a long time.

I don't know about that. I've never been in a security line at Sea Tac longer than half an hour except on 9/13/2001. (Admittedly, I avoid high traffic times.) In a national survey of the worst airlines Seattle ranked #11 in fact. (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/graphics/TSAdelays/flash.htm)

It also depends on when you last flew through Sea Tac - the remodeling they finished about a year and a half ago significantly dropped wait times.

Avoid the morning rush (depart before 8AM or after 10-11AM) and you should do fine.

Check me if I'm wrong , but NCL is sailing out of the new Pier 91

I believe . Dont wait at 66:eek:

"Norwegian Cruise Line and Celebrity Cruises depart from the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66. Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean will depart from the new Terminal 91 Cruise Facility."

(Source: http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/cruiselinesandschedules.shtml)

Oops your right ( flogging self) ... We are taking our first Princess cruise this summer and it has me all screwed up.

Brain still thinks NCL and Im hoping Im not making a mistake ....;)

we ll be coming in a day early..staying at The Edgewater and just plan

walking next door..

but, Don..really, i did nt think Seatac was that screw d up..though we have a 1:50 flight out..i better still keep my crap together and not dilly

dally around :D

I'm actually glad we have a 10pm flight no rush, no worries and we plan to be there in plenty of time to drop off rental car and check in. I don't want any stress after a relaxing cruise to Alaska.

For a 10pm flight, what time should we plan to arrive to do this? Any suggestions? I was thinking between 7:30-8pm.

I'm actually glad we have a 10pm flight no rush, no worries and we plan to be there in plenty of time to drop off rental car and check in. I don't want any stress after a relaxing cruise to Alaska.

For a 10pm flight, what time should we plan to arrive to do this? Any suggestions? I was thinking between 7:30-8pm.

I never returned a rental at Sea-Tac, but when parking my own car I get there about that time or maybe a hair earlier. (But then I'm infamous for padding my schedule...)

We just docked in Seattle on Saturday on the Star. We walked off the ship at 8:00am, caught a cab right away, we were at the airport by 8:30 and checked in by 8:40. Our flight was not until 12:30, so we figured we would just sit back and relax. We heard an over head page stating final boarding for a flight to our home town, ran up and asked if we could go, they said yes and we were in the air by 9:30. The longest part of the whole morning was waiting for a cab to show up, as the cabbie said they did not know the Star had passangers, they thought it was only picking people up. The cab ride with tip was around $42 and we had 4 large suit cases.

Good luck on your trip!

Christine

I never returned a rental at Sea-Tac, but when parking my own car I get there about that time or maybe a hair earlier. (But then I'm infamous for padding my schedule...)

Thanks

Judy

We got to the terminal about 11am for our Star to Alaska cruise and waited about an hour and a half before being allowed to board.

Why don't you drop off your luggage and then walk to Pikes Market which is so closeby? Pick up some flowers for your cabin while you are there, they are super cheap!

thanks all, 11 am-ish it is, one of the nice things about cruising out of seattle is the 3 hr time difference from EST, def won't be rushed in the am;)...course i may find myself nodding off w/3-4 hr time difference during dinner lol

guess we'll keep to the plan of disembarking around 9 am, jik. Did visit the alaskan & seattle boards (very helpful folk, especially Karen on the seattle one:)). Still wavering between setting up towncar or trying our luck via a cab...not sure as to how many would be available. Have seen feast or famine @ other ports; hate to chance waiting a long time.

you should check out shuttle express (www.shuttleexpress.com)

you can pre arrange a shuttle to pick you up at the pier and it's about the same cost as a cab. just an FYI

With all due respect, baloney.

http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/index.asp

Archived