Tom, we're wondering about a certain silver store you might know of?

parrotheads

Did we catch a tiny reference on another thread about a great silver store that the Fury tour stops at?

Details Please!!! We love silver and need a reputable store recommendation we can trust! Did you mention that Mrs.PB Tom owns this?:)

Marcia & McCoy

Yeah, we have had a little store/palapa there for about 4 -5 years catering to mainly Fury customers and the occasional beach walk-up. All our silver comes from Taxco, a beautiful colonial town in the mountains about a 3 hr drive south of Mexico City.

http://www.floramex.com/li-history_of_silver_in_taxco.htm

We go down to Taxco about 3 times a year with me (the mule) following the missus as she buys and stuffs the purchases in the mule's backpacks!

Our stuff is genuine .925 sterling silver..it has to be 'cause it's part of the Fury tour and the cruiseships would not take kindly to any store dealing dubious merchandise!

If you want to wander over, we're about a 10 min beachside stroll from PB, just on the other side of Playa Mia aka Playa Sol.

Thanx for your interest...hasta la vista!

Unfortunately, you can't access it by road. There is a service road, but it's shared by Playa Mia and Fury Catamarans and private vehicles and cabs are prohibited. Also, the store closes when the last catamaran leaves, anywhere from 3-5 p.m. Thre's no name on the shop, it's just a little palapa beside the burger stand...hasta la vista!

So it is okay to just walk over? What would be a good time and will it be open on Dec. 26th?

I know maybe my little bug can morph into a dune buggy and we could run down the beach to her shop!

I'm actually looking for silver braided rope rings.(kind of a nautical thing with McCoy and myself) I would probably prefer gold (yellow or white) but as an afforable alternative we're always looking for a silver option.

BTW Quincella is now on her way to PB!!!

Ha! just talked with Quincy about 20 min. ago! She's here at PB along with stbmom, marciew and lots more!

Let me find out from my beatiful bride if we have braided rope rings. If we do, I'll bring them with me to PB to save you a trip!

If ya wanna walk over, it's about a 10 min. beach side stroll from PB.

OOps, just noticed that Dec 26th is a Sunday, so unfortunately the store won't be open and I won't be at PB either. What a bummer! After trading posts for so long, I won't even get to meet you guys!! Double check that date ...will you really be here on a Sunday???

Did Quincella really enjoy her margaritas???

Yeah, I know for sure we are in Coz. on Dec. 26th. Do you have to take Sun. off? Christmas is on Saturday this year- why not take Christmas Day off instead? We'll sure miss you! and besides how do I claim my award (the CAR)?

And... tonight I was putting a Christmas bow on your Captain Ron movie! :D

Captain Ron is one of my all time favorite movies! We are always quoting lines from it! (It's probably only really appreciated by sailors!)

Seriously, we will understand if you can't make it... we'll catch you next time, Just leave the car keys :D at the bar beside my yard of Margarita:D !

At the moment, it looks like we'll be coming back to Cozumel in late June (after all I have to keep coming back to check on my car). Currently, we are in the early planning stages of a family reunion cruise out of Mobile, Alabama on the Carnival Holiday.:eek: (Of course McCoy is complaining that we need to use our $$ for boat parts instead of a family reunion...We just ordered a new mainsail and we need a bottom job!:( )

Marcia

Yes, she sure did:)!

I´ll see if I can drop by, but I´ve got my Dad and my hundreds of in-laws in for the holidays so I can´t promise. I´ll tell the bartender to give you your winning yard though!

Bad news about your ride...it was stolen!! Chief of Police told me that it was probably a highly organized ring, specializing in "stolen to order" vehicles. They target exotic "one-off" custom rides. I´ll see what I can do about getting a replacement!

Thanx for the prezzie, you´re very generous and hopefully I´ll get to meet you guys. If not soon, in June!

PS-good luck on that bottom job...I know how messy that can get!

Oh no! STOLEN!!!!:eek: I'm crushed! :( I bet Cozumelian car insurance doesn't cover major awards! :( Well I guess we'll have to take a cab...

Well, at least I can drown my sorrow in my yard of margarita!

Hey! It would be great to see you this trip if you can get away! If not McCoy & I want to wish you and your family the best for the holidays! You truly make visiting your wonderful island a highlight of our cruise! We love you for it!

Oh! by the way, in case you need to find a quiet place to get away from all those hundreds of relatives....I heard there's only 2 cruise ships in port on Dec. 26th and I happen to know of this great little beach club where you can get lost in the sun and the sand. They also serve the BEST margaritas on the island!

Merry Christmas!

Marcia and McCoy

Archived