Stockholm T-Bana direct to Frihamnen 638?

Is it possible to take the T-Bana from Gamla stan to the Gardet station and be right at the Frihamnen 638 cruise ship terminal? I was told the Gardet station is only 500 meters from the cruise terminal and it can be accessed via a walking bridge on the upper level of the terminal. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true I'd like to avoid having to taxi from my hotel in Gamla stan to the cruise ship terminal. I travel light and walking a reasonable distance with luggage is not a problem.

Thank You!

No, thats the Värtahamnen terminal where the ferrys go to Finland, not Frihamnen. Frihamnen is a bit further to the southeast along the coast.

about 1.2 km from the subway station as a bird fly. I don't know exactly where the cruise ships docks or what way to go through the harbour area but I should guess the total distance to the ship would be about a mile.

I could recommend the opposite route for those who hasnt anything against a little walk and wants to go from Frihamnen to Gamla stan. The subway station kiosk is selling one day tickets and the subway is much faster than a bus through downtown so you would hardly loose any time.

To walk from Gärdet Metro station to Frihamnen port is not something I would recommend even without luggage. It is a long walk and the area is not at all interesting. Save the walking for better places like Gamla Stan and the areas around Gamla Stan.

If you can handle your luggage on a bus there is a direct bus number 76 from Gamla Stan to Frihamnen. But only if it is not a Sunday. And you need to buy a bus ticket before getting on any bus in Stockholm. Here is a link to a map that shows where this bus passes:

http://maps.google.se/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=100446628536787947860.000448dadb8bebb56f079&ll=59.348355,18.102808&spn=0.009474,0.021114&z=15

Archived