Flight out of Ft. Lauderdale at noon

sgriff17

We have a flight out on Christmas day at noon leaving Ft. Lauderdale and will be coming from the Port of Miami? :confused: How close is this pushing it? I am sure we can do self debarktion or make sure we are the 1st color tag off the ship. I just want to hear if anyone has been able to debark and make thier flight at the FL Airport without any problems. I am hoping since it is Christmas day things will be slower than normal, but unfortunately I don't think Christmas in FL or Miami area will be much slower!

Thanks

Off to the Triumph in 11 days and counting!!:D

We made a 1:20 flight in plenty of time and used the Carnival transfers. I would just say you better have a good game plan as far as your transportation. I don't know a whole lot about how self debarkation works in a normal situation. We did it on our most recent cruise and had to wait in a hall over an hour but this was coming off one of the cruises delayed three days by hurricane Frances.

We flew out of Ft. Lauderdale last Feb, and it was a mess. The airport can't handle the amount of passangers from the cruise ships. So many new cruises leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Saw many passangers miss their flights.

We had a 2:30 flight and when we got to the gate they we already loading.

I'd say you're pushing it. Last cruise on Victory (May this year) we were not delayed at all, I was the in the very first color group called and I just made my 1:15 PM flight out of FLL. I used carnival Transfers to the airport which added to my delay getting to the airport, we waited a while to fill the bus.

I'd say you have a 1 in 8 chance you'll miss your noon flight. An individual cruise ship's disembarkation is delayed until 10AM or later at least once every other month and then you'll have little hope of making a noon flight out of FLL. Keep in mind many airlines will no longer take you on as standby on a later flight and you may need to purchase a full price ticket at that point to get home (if you can get a flight at all)

Sorry I can't be more positive, but the cruise line does recommend 2PM or later flights out of FLL, anything earlier and you're taking a risk.

Thanks for your posts! Last time we had a 5 pm flight, so there was not an issue at all, I just didn't think about it when making reservations. I know there is 2 other Delta flights leaving Ft. Lauderdale that day after 2 and so far they have availability (my brother is on one, we made his reservation later and for cheaper, urgh! and his flight in non-stop back to Richmond, another urgh!) so we will be able to pay the $25/per person for those flights, but we might just try our luck and self debark. I guess we will arrange our own transportation instead of taking the Carnival bus to the airport.

Archived