Shuttle from Witter to Anchorage

travelnsee

We will be ending our cruise in Witter at about 12.30 am. After spending night on ship ,next day we plan to go to denali etc I would prefer to start driving from achorage as early as possible to Denali. But when I checked with shuttles, the first one is at 10 am reaching ANC airport at 11.45. Are there any other options which will take me early to ANC. They said most people dont leave before 9 am so shuttles are at 10.00Am

the road between Whittier and Anchorage is closed....and has been for a couple of weeks due to a massive rock slide. There is only train service....and not often. Not sure how they will deal with cruise passangers. Right now the train is free from Portage to Whittier and back. I doubt that it will be open again until July as the engineers are worried that the whole mountain may come down....

When is your cruise?

Your best bet is to probably arrange your own transportation from Whittier at 6am. You would have to have a limo company or something get you and then drop you off at the Airport for a rental car.

This all depends on when your cruise ends and when the road reopens to a normal schedule.

There are currently three passenger train trips between Whittier and Portage. Bus service between Portage and Anchorage is provided twice a day. Blasting on the road is starting at 12 noon today but nothing else confirmed.

No doubt that the cruise lines have a big stake in this since all passengers from Whittier to Anchorage must go out by either train or bus. Fingers crossed that this situation is fixed soon.

My Whittier to Anchorage question is different. I found a shuttle for $35 straight to Anchorage no narration. Also found a tour shuttle with full narration for $54 plus tax.The tour picks up at Pier,

Whittier highlights,

Tunnel,

Bear Valley,

Portage Lake & Day Lodge with snack & beverage,

Portage Valley,

Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center with time to wander around,

Turnagain arm,

end at airport 12:45,

Then 4 more drops in Anchorage no extra charge. Are these places worth the time and money?

• 3 weeks later...
My Whittier to Anchorage question is different. I found a shuttle for $35 straight to Anchorage no narration. Also found a tour shuttle with full narration for $54 plus tax.The tour picks up at Pier,

Whittier highlights,

Tunnel,

Bear Valley,

Portage Lake & Day Lodge with snack & beverage,

Portage Valley,

Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center with time to wander around,

Turnagain arm,

end at airport 12:45,

Then 4 more drops in Anchorage no extra charge. Are these places worth the time and money?

Can you give more info about the tour? We are possibly doing a southbound cruise from Whittier to Vancouver, would like to do a rail tour in Denali prior to the cruise but we are left off in Anchorage the day before the cruise and we'd like to make the most of it. We would be interested in a highlights tour that will also get us from Anchorage to Whittier. Our ship leaves at night (around 9) so I'd guess we'd want to be at pier by 5? Many thanks

Can you give more info about the tour? We are possibly doing a southbound cruise from Whittier to Vancouver' date=' would like to do a rail tour in Denali prior to the cruise but we are left off in Anchorage the day before the cruise and we'd like to make the most of it. We would be interested in a highlights tour that will also get us from Anchorage to Whittier. Our ship leaves at night (around 9) so I'd guess we'd want to be at pier by 5? Many thanks[/quote']

The co. I found was alaskanleopard.com that had a tour on the way to Anchorage from Whittier. I would think they would also have one for Anchorage to Whittier. Ask on this thread if anybody has any experience with them. I decided against a tour to get to Anchorage earlier for a rental car pickup. I have a reservation with Alaska Transportation Group, after booking them I read on this thread they have a F rating with BBB. I'm not going until Aug, the transfer is for Aug 26. I am hoping to hear good things about them between now and then. Nancy

• 2 weeks later...
The co. I found was alaskanleopard.com that had a tour on the way to Anchorage from Whittier. I would think they would also have one for Anchorage to Whittier. Ask on this thread if anybody has any experience with them. I decided against a tour to get to Anchorage earlier for a rental car pickup. I have a reservation with Alaska Transportation Group, after booking them I read on this thread they have a F rating with BBB. I'm not going until Aug, the transfer is for Aug 26. I am hoping to hear good things about them between now and then. Nancy

Hi. We have a booking for them on Aug 26. When are your going? Have you read any other posts from people that have used them?

Archived