TA to book through Cruise Line or Tour Company

Which would benefit me more, for upgrades, or price drops.

My TA does not like to book directly with the Cruiseline. She prefers to book through a tour Company.

Probably she gets a better discount from the tour company versus the cruise line.

I prefer her to book directly with the cruise line. I feel I would get better perks if they came up - upgrades, price drops.

IMO...the TA is probably benefitting from the tour co!

I would NOT have another person/thing in the middle...will she PAY the Cruise line or tour co??? Will the tour co PAY the crusie line???

This sounds a little odd...well maybe not. I used my TA to book a land trip that was done through another company...and it was fine....BUT prices didnt go up and down like cruise prices do.

I would not want to use the ta to use a tour co to book a cruise...i think there is too much room for goofing up.

are your sure your TA is accredited with a CLIA or IATA number? If not she would not be allowed to book as a TA directly through the cruiseline . Does not sound right and frankly I would stay far, far, away. The easy way to find out is call the cruiseline and see if she is registered. Oh and btw RCCL does not allow TA's to discount their cruises, the only way it will be cheaper is if they are holding group space.

When I book a cruise on board I have it go to the TA.

But if I am not booking on board she always wants to book through a tour company.

Next time I book, I will have to insist she book through the cruiseline.

When I book a cruise on board I have it go to the TA.

But if I am not booking on board she always wants to book through a tour company.

Next time I book, I will have to insist she book through the cruiseline.

Ask to see her credentials, is she a certified TA? Accredited TA's have an ID card. Does she have an agency? If she books through an tour company the only reason I could see is that she doesn't have the credentials/insurance/agency to book on her own. I would be very wary. I am a TA and we pick up the phone or go one the cruise lines TA portals and book in 5 minutes. I would assume by booking through a third party they are taking a cut of the commission so the only reason your TA would give it up is she CAN NOT do it on her own.

Archived