How Many Formal Nights on re-routed itineraries

My husband and I will be sailing on the Fantasy from 5/30-6/6. This was originally a 5 day cruise and now it is 7 days going to Key West and the Bahamas. I know on the original 5 day cruise there is one formal night. With the change to 7 days how many formal dining nights can I expect? Thanks for responses.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the 7-night Fantasy sailing, and the formal situation was a bit confused. Our first formal evening was Sunday. The second "formal" evening was to be Thursday, per our head waiter. But the daily program said "cruise casual" on Thursday.

The end result? Some people were dressed formally, but most were not on Thursday. We think Carnival didn't want to enforce a 2nd formal night on those who were expecting a 5-nighter with only one formal evening.

So, my best prediction would be 1.5 formal nights, as strange as that may be.

We just got off the 7-night Fantasy sailing, and the formal situation was a bit confused. Our first formal evening was Sunday. The second "formal" evening was to be Thursday, per our head waiter. But the daily program said "cruise casual" on Thursday.

The end result? Some people were dressed formally, but most were not on Thursday. We think Carnival didn't want to enforce a 2nd formal night on those who were expecting a 5-nighter with only one formal evening.

So, my best prediction would be 1.5 formal nights, as strange as that may be.

Not to worry. Carnival doesn't enforce it on a normally scheduled 7 day cruise.

Bill

Archived