Cocktail prices on the JEWEL

Hunding

Does anyone know, or remember, what drinks actually cost on the Jewel? Perhaps they are priced consistently fleet-wide, perhaps not, I don't know. I have seen posters here refer to "overpriced" and "reasonable" and "buy the bottle ahead of time" and other comments regarding prices, but no actual prices. Is there a bar menu I can access somewhere? How much is a brand-name martini, for instance? A gin-and-tonic?

Thanks.

Most of the drink prices I saw on the Jewel in March were about $8.95 for the drinks of the day.....in a souvenier glass. Without the glass and a smaller version drink was $1 or $2 less. Buckets of beer ranged from $22 to $25 for six beers.

We've been on the Jewel 3 times. Individual drinks are more than we want to pay. Our first cruise, our bar tab was almost as much as the cost of our cruise.

I like a good martini and will go to the martini tasting. The last we cruised it was $15.00 and they had 5 different martini flavors...I like the traditional the best.

I would always recommend buying the bar set up in advance. It may seem expensive for a bottle you can buy at home but it is well worth it. I bring a bottle of tonic and make the drink to my taste. I also enjoy having it in the cabin instead of having to go out looking for it.

Our bar tab is 1/10th of what it used to be. I do bring my own mixers such as tonic water, bloody mary mix. We do purchase the beer helmet and it lasts us more than a day or two.

I would always recommend buying the bar set up in advance. It may seem expensive for a bottle you can buy at home but it is well worth it. I bring a bottle of tonic and make the drink to my taste. I also enjoy having it in the cabin instead of having to go out looking for it.

quote]

What is a "bar set up?"

quote]

What is a "bar set up?"

A bar setup is buying bottles of liquor in advance, having them in your cabin, and then buying "mixer" -- tonic or whatever you choose -- to mix drinks in your cabin.

Drinking alcohol to me is not a private affair. We have liquor at home -- which is used only when we have guests, and we have drinks with them. We certainly do drink -- out in public, a couple of drinks with dinner, or a beer with friends, but we rarely if ever make drinks at home just for ourselves, or have a beer at home by ourselves. So it would never make sense for me to buy alcohol (or smuggle it in) so I can have drinks in my cabin!

Archived