Swine flu in Seattle?

mochuck

The CDC website does not list Washington as having any confirmed cases but I've heard from other sources that there are. I'm more likely to believe the CDC as a health professional myself, but is it just that the cases have not been confirmed yet?

possibly..i can t believe that all the case s of the flu

have been reported..

from what i understand..this strain is no worst than

anyother that has hit the country..

it s bad cuz there s no vaccine availble yet..and the bug

can easily spread unchecked till it complete s it s cycle..

According to King 5 News at 11 from Seattle there are 49 suspected cases of Swine Flu in the State of Washington. I’m not going to get my panties all twisted up over the Swine Flu. I haven’t had the flu since I retired 14 years ago, that’s when I stopped getting flu shots. For 20 plus years I'd get flu shots and I'd get the flu, now I don’t get flu shots and I don’t get the flu. Go figure

Oh noooooooo! What to do now? Swine flu in Seattle? Elsewhere? More ports will now be taboo?????????

Whatever will cruise line executives do when they run out of safe ports to run their ships to --- one can only imagine them in their ivory towers now, pacing around with their hair on fire --

How about sending ships back to their originally scheduled stops and quit being so silly about this 'flu' that has been very very mild. It's not like there's been a new polio outbreak, or TB or something. Geesh!

I think you may be oversimplifying the case a little Joan. It is not a "silly" flu and I think it was a very judicious move on the cruise companies' part to stop cruising to Mexico which we know to be the source of the outbreak.

I'm fairly certain that all serious epidemics start out like this. Polio and TB are easily treated with antibiotics these days because they are bacterial infections. This is a virus - and a fairly virulent one at that.

Most of the confirmed cases can be linked directly to Mexico and it would be best to stay away from there until it is contained. If you think that is silly, so be it. Thankfully the people making the important decisions are basing them on more informaton than you seem to have.

Along with the CDC and the WHO, I tend to think that the spring cases will continue to be milder ones. It is the fall and winter that might bring us stronger cases, as the virus will have time to mutate if it is going to. Hopefully, by then, there will have been time to ramp up a vaccine that will help to provide some immunity to the strain. I don't think you have to worry about coming here this summer at all.

The cases our docs have seen have all been doing well and are recovering uneventfully so far. Again, just take reasonable precautions and things should be fine.

Most of the confirmed cases can be linked directly to Mexico and it would be best to stay away from there until it is contained. If you think that is silly, so be it. Thankfully the people making the important decisions are basing them on more informaton than you seem to have.

you mean ALL OF US..very few us know much about the swine flu

other than YOU GET and FEEL LIKE CRAP FOR WEEK..:(

what surprised me was how quickly the cruiseline s the respond d by

changing inteniaries..they certainly don t want to take a chance floating about the ocean with a bunch of sick people on board not buying

anything..

I've been in Japan for a couple of days (at the airport on the way back at present) and even Japanese TV is giving it less coverage (i.e. only 30% of airtime, down from 70% when I arrived) today. When we arrived we had to wait on the plane 45 min while a team of gowned and masked health inspectors went through looking at thermographic images of all pax - I guess a couple with readable fevers got quarantined - and virtually all Japanese folks in the airport (including parking cops) were masked. Much less in evidence today.

Archived