Courtyard by Marriott Miramar questions

Addictedtocruising

Have you ever stayed at a Courtyard before? All the rooms are the same. If you look on their website, there will be a few pictures of their property.

I stayed at the Courtyard Miramar on a business trip last month for a week. As far as I know, there aren't any balconies, but I was on the 3rd floor so I can't tell you what the 11th would be like :)

There are a few food places within walking distance of the hotel but if you're going to out walking at night, make sure you have someone accompanying you. I was alone on my trip and didn't feel very safe walking alone at night in that area.

Old San Juan and Condado areas are within driving distance.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I must agree with addictedtocruising. I would not consider this neighborhood safe after dark. :eek: I would not stay at the Miramar again. The small restaurant for breakfast was very slow and not particularily good. There was a mysterious charge on my credit card for the day after we checked out that took several weeks to iron out. Bottom line, this is not like any other Marriott Courtyard I have ever stayed in. Stick with a hotel in Old San Juan.

I must agree with addictedtocruising. I would not consider this neighborhood safe after dark. :eek: I would not stay at the Miramar again. The small restaurant for breakfast was very slow and not particularily good. There was a mysterious charge on my credit card for the day after we checked out that took several weeks to iron out. Bottom line, this is not like any other Marriott Courtyard I have ever stayed in. Stick with a hotel in Old San Juan.

i disagree, the area is very nice, it is not a tourist area by the way, but a residential/ business area. there are many restaurants, fine art theater, supermarkets, offices (private and public) and cafeterias.

Stayed there on Saturday, 5/16. Hotel was nice enough. Walked down to local restaurant for dinner and had a great meal. Went back for breakfast on Sunday morning.

Check out was a bit of a madhouse as there were tons of people off ships that morning that were trying to check in. Other than that, it was a nice hotel at a great price (from Priceline).

Archived