booking a "guarantee" stateroom

We booked an oceanview guarantee stateroom on the Sky, then sent in an upgrade certificate we got in the mail from sailing with them previously. It says they will upgrade us a category, but really who knows. Anyway, I was wondering when we will find out where our cabin will be. We sail out May 25th so it's kinda short notice as it is. I remember on Princess we booked a guarantee inside cabin and actually got a window. We found out before we sailed (through their website).

(I don't expect a balcony or anything....I just am hoping not to be on the lower floors. One time we were and the engines kept us up all night).

Pending on when you sent it in it takes at least a month or more if you sent it by mail to NCL by the time it makes it to the correct dept.

What I have done in the past is scanned the certificate and sent it via email direct to our PCC I also call her and tell her it's coming and then the whole process still takes awhile.

It usually works out to a $50 cost difference because we are usually at the top of our category as for you I'm not sure it will make it in time.

Dangit! I booked through NCL, and the rep. told me to overnight it, which I did, but she didn't say to put it to anyone's ATTN. I was thinking it would still take awhile to get to the right dept, just like you mentioned. Oh well I guess we will see.

btw...do you know if I will find out where my cabin is before the cruise, or will I just have to wait?

Go to NCL website, at the top right it says Log on to My NCL, click on that and enter your user name and password.

If you haven't registered yet click on "Create an account" and create a user name and password.

You will then be able to click on your reservation and see if you have a cabin number assigned.

Archived