Hotel in Long Beach & Parking

TahoeBob

We have reservations at a new Marriott which has a great stay and sail rate (free parking for the week). It is on Queensway right down the street from the Queen Mary and the Carnvial terminal. Check it out.

This one!

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lgbri-residence-inn-long-beach-downtown/

I am so glad they built this as an alternative to Hotel Maya!

I'm going to be checking that out as soon as I can.

For TahoeBob, that Marriott might be my first choice sight unseen, as I've been waiting and watching for it to be completed.

My previous suggestion of The Coast Hotel:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602024

I can't recommend as much now, as it's been taken over by Hotel Maya

http://www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/losangeles/maya

I'm not sure if they are worth the price now with the new name and owners.

You can also check out Queen Mary as another option, although not my favorite either. Some people like it for the history and convenience for Carnival. Others don't like it for the fact that it's old and a lot of the small cabins have not been kept up very well, so it's kind of luck of the draw if you get a nice room or a bad one.

Hi all,

We have stayed on the Queen many times throughout the years and it really is getting run down due to lack of money for maintenance. The new Marriott is just down the road, has great packages with free parking, and is just plain less money for more. That, of course, is just my opinion and just a thought. Any night away from home is a vacation.

I was in Long Beach in November and stayed at the Renaissance..had a GREAT view of the QM from our room, despite the smoke from the brush fires! :D Even had a chance to watch a taping of Prison Break!

I took a tour of the Queen.. I wouldn't stay there. It was beautiful and all, but I think lots of other folks thought the same as we did...weren't many people around who weren't wearing tour radios!

There is also a bus system that runs for Free in the LB area... but I don't remember JUST how close it gets you to the Carnival terminal!

Archived