$354 flights from Newark to HNL on United!!

Preds

For those currently looking for flights, United has fares starting at $354 roundtrip between Newark and Honolulu. There seems to be a lot of availability at the moment throughout their entire available schedule.

I just booked for the February 12-20, 2010 holiday week (President's week when the kids are off school up here in the North) for $354pp. That's less than it would cost me to fly to Florida during the same week!

That's a great price for another Hawaii land vacation!

You are so lucky! From Minneapolis the airfare is around $800 per person. Maybe once our dates come up (we don't go until June 2010) the airfare will come down!!

Weel, we still have to get to Newark from Buffalo (a 6 hour drive or 1 hour flight). Since there are 4 of us, we'll probably drive it. Roundtrip airfare to Newark from Buffalo is currently $180pp!

Preds...you are very lucky!! We are going from Feb 18-27 and it is $900 from Kansas City.

I think I'm definitely going to be using my miles to book...well worth it to save $1800, plus get upgraded to first class!!!

Preds...you are very lucky!! We are going from Feb 18-27 and it is $900 from Kansas City.

I think I'm definitely going to be using my miles to book...well worth it to save $1800, plus get upgraded to first class!!!

Yeah, it's a great fare, thus the reason I wanted to share it so others might be able to benefit as well. I read about it on flyertalk.com (a great resource, though it takes a while to get the hang of the lingo and layout).

We paid $584pp for roundtrip flights to Honolulu out of Toronto this past Easter, and I thought that was a great deal, but this one is another 40% cheaper!

Yeah, it's a great fare, thus the reason I wanted to share it so others might be able to benefit as well. I read about it on flyertalk.com (a great resource, though it takes a while to get the hang of the lingo and layout).

We paid $584pp for roundtrip flights to Honolulu out of Toronto this past Easter, and I thought that was a great deal, but this one is another 40% cheaper!

Thats a great price, we are going March 2010 and I just checked the flight and the are still up above $600. Did you book right through the airlines or a special website?

Thats a great price, we are going March 2010 and I just checked the flight and the are still up above $600. Did you book right through the airlines or a special website?

Unfortunately, it looks as if this fare is already gone. According to the thread on Flyertalk, United changed the terms last night.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/951462-ua-ewr-hnl-350-all-thru-end-schedule.html#post11716671

The fare code is LRA0NR8.

UA changed the rules last night and matched it to the other NYC fare by adding the following restriction "Travel on this fare component must commence by midnight on 25JUN 09"

The earlier fare was good through EOS.

Last night I had been trying to find a Feb 2010 fare EWR-OGG w/ a few day stopover in LAX when the price/date change went into effect.

Luckily before that happened, I managed to place a 2nd best choice fare (EWR-HNL with the stopover in LAX) at the original fare basis plus a few extra $$ for the break at LAX.

Glad I got in before the change!

FWIW, I booked it directly through United's website.

Watch the forum linked above, it's a great way to find out about great fares. I believe there are currently some great deals to HNL out of Charlotte on Northewst for $298, however, I believe it's only for summer travel. Doesn't hurt to try though. Maybe you'll get lucky like we did!

we got a great deal 2 months ago. we found airfaire from houston to honolulu and motel for 3 people $ 1900.00 roundtrip , direct flight. we booked this for thanksgiving week for 6 days thru continental vacations. this has since gone up to $2400 for 3 people which is still a bargain. last year we paid $ 1000.00 pp just for air.

We booked our airfare last July to travel this past Easter Good Friday and our airfare was $1250 ea. from Milwaukee-Minneapolis-Honolulu. With those fares I may book another cruise.

Have fun in Hawaii. It was just wonderful.

Bigun60

You are so lucky! From Minneapolis the airfare is around $800 per person. Maybe once our dates come up (we don't go until June 2010) the airfare will come down!!

we never seem to get those great deals out of MSP...I would not count on paying much less than 800pp, and the fares might go up instead of down:(

Archived