Carnival Elation "any recent cruisers?"

carlat78

Hi everyone, this is my first time sailing Carnival, with my last cruise with Celebrity April of last year. I booked Carnival because they were offering a 3 day mexico trip and offered me a great military discount. Since Im from Cali. Im not to concerned with them cancelling a mexico trip, but I just want to hear more about the Elation, I have done searches on the ship through this site and I havent found to many recent trips on her....so has any one sailed on her recently? Past cruisers how was the cruise?

We are booked in a Cat 12 suite, with 3 adults and 1 child, do you think we will have enough space, are these rooms nice? Thanks

Cruised on her in December and March. I have also cruised on her sister ship, the Paradise out of Long Beach.

The suites are larger than a regular cabin and we have done quads and triples in OV cabins. You will have plenty of room. But do not expect too much about the balcony, it is puny.

We find the layout easy to figure out. The only problem we have is finding the aft dining room. It is just an akward layout. Plan to arrive 5 min after your stated time and you will avoid the crush.

Our kids have been in Circle C (12-14) and Club 02 (15-17) they have had good times with the kids they have met there. Haven't heard anything bad about Camp Carnival.

Food's good, Crew friendly.

The cat 11s and 12s were just remodeled in December.

While the ship is 11 years old, it really doesn't show it. It just came out of drydock in March. The only places that look older are the pools and the regular cabins (not suites). The suites just got all redone. A Cat. 12 is a suite.

Cruised on her in December and March. I have also cruised on her sister ship, the Paradise out of Long Beach.

The suites are larger than a regular cabin and we have done quads and triples in OV cabins. You will have plenty of room. But do not expect too much about the balcony, it is puny.

We find the layout easy to figure out. The only problem we have is finding the aft dining room. It is just an akward layout. Plan to arrive 5 min after your stated time and you will avoid the crush.

Our kids have been in Circle C (12-14) and Club 02 (15-17) they have had good times with the kids they have met there. Haven't heard anything bad about Camp Carnival.

Food's good, Crew friendly.

The cat 11s and 12s were just remodeled in December.

They are staying in a cat. 12, so the balcony is large. The cat. 11 have the small balconies.

I'm sailing on her in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it. I just booked a few days ago. Only been on the Spirit class ships on 7 day cruises so this will be different for sure. Different style ship, 3 day trip during Memorial Day weekend. Maybe this will be a party ship - one that gave Carnival the stigma.

Thanks yogi and fantasylineaddict..I was trying to schedule a M&M for our CC May 10th sailing. I was thinking after muster at Tiffany's Bar and Grill but I was not sure of the time frame. I guess we have our DOD's on the sail out...

I was on Elation Oct 31st of last year. It was our 2nd cruise on her and we had a blast..:D

Great crew, great food and I must admit Elation is my sentimental favorite, as our first cruise in August 07 was on her.

My only gripe with Fantasy class ships is that you can't get a balcony unless you book a suite, and I simply can't justify the cost, so we go with an OV, which is fine, too, but I got pretty spoiled with the balcony on the Spirit.

For a local like me, I love having the option of the shorter cruises, and Elation fits the bill nicely.

The Meet and Greets we have had on Elation were Lido Deck Aft, it's easier to find people there as it's not too crowded even at sail away.

Muster drill is usually before sail away, (not by much), so that gives you just enough time to toss your life vests back in the stateroom and boogie up to Lido for the M&G

Have fun and raise a DOD for me...<sigh> Wish I was going.

Great response i'm SUPER excited! This is my first time sailing with a 7 month old and I know that we will have a good time. I am searching the board trying to figure out how much water I can bring on board, especially having an infant and it looks like I will try to bring on at least a case. Oh are chairs hard to get by the pool area?

lol I just posted a review on the service (we got back last night from our cruise). I have never seen the suites so I cant answer about that but the ship is real nice. very beautiful.

I only noticed chairs were hard to get by the pool with the water slide. Tables with regualr chairs were always available but the pool chairs were almost always grabbed.

lots for kids to do on the ship.. the mini golf, water slide, the build a bear type thing ($31.95 for animal, stuffing, sound box, funship freddy book, carnival shirt and two outfits), and of course the kids clubs that I have no experience with but everytime we went past them the kids LOOKED like they were having fun at least. lol

edited because I just saw your kid was 7 months old so most of that stuff doesnt apply ;) sorry about that

Archived