Freezer in cabin fridge?

I'd like to bring a cold pack for sore muscles that works best if frozen.

Does anyone remember if there is a separate freezer compartment in the cabin fridge and how big it is? Does it have a door or is it just an open shelf? :confused: I only remember a pitcher with ice cubes too big to fit in my stainless water bottle.

There is an ice bucket in the frig, but it has large cubes. No dependable freezer section. At the drink station at the buffet, there is an ice machine that serves crushed ice. These cubes should fit in your water bottle.

No freezers in any stateroom frig I have sailed on, on any of the mainstream cruise lines, including Princess. And there is no place to freeze an ice pack. I suggest maybe you bring some sort of resealable leakproof bag and fill it with ice if needed.

No freezers in any stateroom frig I have sailed on, on any of the mainstream cruise lines, including Princess. And there is no place to freeze an ice pack. I suggest maybe you bring some sort of resealable leakproof bag and fill it with ice if needed.

I agree, I have never seen a frizzer in any of the fridges on the Princess ships. Also the temperature in the mini fridge might be as cool as you might want. I use to have a medication that had to be kept cold so I used a temperture logger on one of our cruises and found that it was in the mid 40's (45-46) a little warmer than a fridge should be. If you need to keep things colder then you need to keep them in the ice container that they keep in the fridge.

I agree, I have never seen a frizzer in any of the fridges on the Princess ships. Also the temperature in the mini fridge might be as cool as you might want. I use to have a medication that had to be kept cold so I used a temperture logger on one of our cruises and found that it was in the mid 40's (45-46) a little warmer than a fridge should be. If you need to keep things colder then you need to keep them in the ice container that they keep in the fridge.

My wife also has medication that must be refrigerated. We hae learned to take it to the medical center and put it into their refrigerator.

Have you considered bringing some instant cold packs with you? They are about 4” x5” (other sizes are available too), they don’t take up much room in a suitcase, and I find that they work well. If you are not familiar with them, they are basically made up of a small bag within another small bag. One bag contains water, and the other ammonium nitrate. You squeeze the bag to release the ammonium nitrate into the water and it immediately gets cold. They are not messy and quite effective.

I keep my freezer brick on top of the metal box in the top back in the fridge. It keeps it reasonably frozen.

One thing I have learned is to keep the outer door of the fridge propped open to keep it cooler. But no freezer. Jan We had to do this in Crown Princess...the cupboard door kept the fridge's heat inside. It would be better if they were vented out of their cupboards.

Steve

Archived