woke up this morning, booked a cruise and I leave on Monday!!!!!

TahoeBob

I just booked a 4 day on the PARADISE, Woke up this morning thinking great only one more work day till the weekend, two days off then back to work.

Then I got a email from carnival all about the great west coast deals and the 4 day on may 11 looked good, talked to my boss at 10:30 A.M. about taking next week off. at 4:00P.M. she said ok. By 4:15 I had this cruise booked.

The great part is that I thought I was going to have to wait until November to take my first Carnival cruise, ha its now Friday and I go on Monday.....

Does Carnival do anything for repeat customers on there second cruise?

My wife is ecstatic, about this trip.

I just booked a 4 day on the PARADISE, Woke up this morning thinking great only one more work day till the weekend, two days off then back to work.

Then I got a email from carnival all about the great west coast deals and the 4 day on may 11 looked good, talked to my boss at 10:30 A.M. about taking next week off. at 4:00P.M. she said ok. By 4:15 I had this cruise booked.

The great part is that I thought I was going to have to wait until November to take my first Carnival cruise, ha its now Friday and I go on Monday.....

Have a great cruise.

There is a Past Guest recption on 5 day or longer cruises.

Have a great cruise.

There is a Past Guest recption on 5 day or longer cruises.

and qualification for past guest rates, if applicable to your cruise, and 'credit' toward platinum status, which has its own benefits.

You get a $50 Welcome Back Credit that is good for 60 days from the day you sail. When you get back contact you TA and tell them you want a $50 credit or OBC to your cruise in Nov. They may want your May's booking number to check on it. It worked for me. I am leaving Sunday beat you by a day...LOL Then you will be still be on a ship and I will be home wishing that I had another day on a cruise.

Congrats!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEE last minute cruises!!!!!!! Closest I have done was book Tuesday left Thursday! Sweeeeeeet but I have at least % that were booked no more then a week out. It's so exciting doing that!

You get a $50 Welcome Back Credit that is good for 60 days from the day you sail. When you get back contact you TA and tell them you want a $50 credit or OBC to your cruise in Nov. They may want your May's booking number to check on it. It worked for me. I am leaving Sunday beat you by a day...LOL Then you will be still be on a ship and I will be home wishing that I had another day on a cruise.

Quick hijack...

Can you apply the welcome back OBC to a cruise you had booked before you sailed?

Have a great time, OP!

Lucky You!

I've been trying to do the same thing but can't come up with a flight - $$$.

Have a great cruise :)

i just booked a 4 day on the paradise, woke up this morning thinking great only one more work day till the weekend, two days off then back to work.

Does carnival do anything for repeat customers on there second cruise?

gold s&s card!!!! Hahahaha

Wait, is your wife going? I thought that you were taking your boss!

JK...Have a great cruise....Lucky!!

Quick hijack...

Can you apply the welcome back OBC to a cruise you had booked before you sailed?

Have a great time, OP!

Yes you can, just call after you get back from your cruise and they will apply it. No problems.

Have a great trip what an awesome get away on short notice.

From boarding to booking...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=25158

What made it cool was on Friday morning we had no idea we'd be cruising Sunday!

Wow, people are very passionate about these things huh? I see you planned another cruise first. For me though, I knew nothing about cruises beforehand. It must be exciting to book one, then book another one that leaves earlier than the first booking!

Did the same thing on the Paradise. I was watching the Memorial Day rates and they had a sudden drop on Wednesday. There was one cabin left for 4 of us and I called my wife, scheduled us both off of work early the 22nd and booked the cruise. $700 total for 4 of us on an oceanview on the Paradise and we get the Platinum perks. A steal of a deal for Memorial Day weekend (fri-mon) with the kids at $89 each. We go to Europe in June for a long cruise, but I couldn't resist sneaking this one in.

I do have a question about the $50 OBC you all are talking about. We got off the Victory April 12. Should I be asking for a credit to use on this sailing?

Did the same thing on the Paradise. I was watching the Memorial Day rates and they had a sudden drop on Wednesday. There was one cabin left for 4 of us and I called my wife, scheduled us both off of work early the 22nd and booked the cruise. $700 total for 4 of us on an oceanview on the Paradise and we get the Platinum perks. A steal of a deal for Memorial Day weekend (fri-mon) with the kids at $89 each. We go to Europe in June for a long cruise, but I couldn't resist sneaking this one in.

I do have a question about the $50 OBC you all are talking about. We got off the Victory April 12. Should I be asking for a credit to use on this sailing?

Yes call and they will apply it. Also if you are cruising Carnival for your June cruise, call again when you get back from this one. You will get $50 on it.

Wow, four days, and i thought 20 was short. Have fun!

LOL . . . I cruise Solo, last minute (usually 3-5 days before the cruise)almost all of the time. :DThe key for me is WHEN I can be away from my business for a week.

I once called a travel agent and wanted to book a cruise on the ELATION on a Sunday morning about 9:00am. The agent kept insisting I had the wrong date as that ship was leaving "Today, sir. Its the morning of the cruise. The ELATION is leaving at 4:00pm ! ! " :eek: I agreed and informed her I am 40 minutes from the port, that I needed 45 minutes for my ex-wife to get to my place to join me. And at least 1 hour for her to pack first. Plenty of time to get to San Pedro. I was to call her back in 20 minutes if my ex could go and alas, she had business appointments that afternoon and couldn't join me, so I didn't go. Absolutely great price also. :(

Archived