Don't want to ignite a flame but...

Printing out all the rules for every line. I guess it must be your obsession. Why can't people just let the few smokers onboard enjoy what little space is left for them. They have already lost the great space in the Ocean Bar. I bet the bartender tips have dropped a lot. Next you can post all the rules regarding brining wine and liquor on board.

:confused: Why would bartender tips in Ocean Bar drop because smoking is no longer permitted there?

We love to sit at the bar in Ocean Bar and many times had to leave because the smoke bothered us. (We were aware we were in the wrong place and left.) But now we can enjoy sitting there again and are very happy to continue tipping the bartenders as we have always done in the past.

Those bar stools will still be filled....just not with smokers.

Surely we are not the only non-smoking couple who enjoys sitting at the bar and will not be sitting there alone....unless the whole lounge is quiet which sometimes happens. ;)

I did order an electronic "cigarette" called "NJoy" that has nicotine in full flavor, regular or lite flavor and non-nicotine. It glows like a cigarette does, and there is a vapor that is inhaled and exhaled that looks like smoke, but isn't because there IS no smoke in it. It can also be "smoked" in ANY area where there is NO SMOKING, because it is NOT tobacco.

I'm going to try it out and see how it works. If I'm happy with it then I can "smoke" when and where I want to and people who abhor "smokers and smoking tobacco" will be happy as well.

I would bet money that when you pull your fake cigarette out that doesn't have a smell or tobacco in it, there will be people who start coughing and flapping their arms because of you. I've had it happen with an unlit cigarette, so I'm sure it will happen with a fake cigarette.

We were on the Westerdam for the first two weeks in Dec. 08 and there was smoking on one side of the Lido pool area and around the bar. Also in the bar across from the Pinnacle. It really does bother us as my husband has paid the price for 40 years of smoking. He is a larygectomy due to esophageal cancer but the surgery was done 20 years ago this year. We hate to see people smoking but they probably will also pay price. We just try to avoid those areas.

Archived