Shuttle Service to Baltic ports to/from ship?

lindi

We will be doing the Baltic Serenade itinerary, on the Eurodam, at the end of July.

Does anyone know if HAL provides a shuttle into the port city centres in Copenhagen,

Stockholm, Tallin, Helsinki, Oslo, Amsterdam. We understand that, depending on where

the ship berths, there can be distance involved. We realize there will likely be a fee involved, but suppose that a shuttle fee would be preferential to taking a taxi.Thanks!

DW and I sailed the Baltic Sea itinerary aboard the Rotterdam last August. At each port a shuttle bus was provided for passengers, taking them from the dock into the center of things, for a nominal charge. At a few ports the ship was docked within walking distance (Warnemunde and Tallinn for example) so taking a shuttle was not necessary. It is a great itinerary. We know you will have a wonderful time.

The cruise/terminal in Amsterdam is close to city-center. Walkable in about 15/20 minutes, but tramnrs. 25 - next to the terminal -will bring you there too.

Tickets -singlerides - can be bought inside the tram.

Oslo depends where the ship will dock. If it is Akershus, you are again walking distance from the center.

Where and when do we find out if there is a shuttle to go into town? It has been a long time (9 years) since I was last on a Holland America cruise so I cannot remember how I find out such things. :o

My experience in several northern European cruises is that this is a closely guarded secret until the ship is actually docked. :eek: It's as if HAL is holding back on the information in order to sell more shore excursions. (but I'm not a cynic or anything.)

Then, when it's announced that the ship is cleared, there is a mention that there is a shuttle, and how much it will cost.

My experience in several northern European cruises is that this is a closely guarded secret until the ship is actually docked. :eek: It's as if HAL is holding back on the information in order to sell more shore excursions. (but I'm not a cynic or anything.)

Then, when it's announced that the ship is cleared, there is a mention that there is a shuttle, and how much it will cost.

Thanks! Guess I will plan for no shuttle, and if the ship announce they provide shuttle that's additional option.

Archived