Sand Dollar Tours question

clb6110

I'm thinking about booking a snorkel trip with Capt Tony while in Freeport and have a question.People that have taken the tour said for a few extra bucks you can swim with some air breathing "fish".I don't really care to but my wife and kids would like that.How much is a few extra bucks? I don't want to carry alot but don't want to be $20 bucks short either.Thanks in advance.

I have heard about the "fishes" also. We are booked on this tour week after next, so I should be able to let you know after that. I don't have any interest in swimming with "fishes" in open water unless there are professional trainers there who are familiar with each "fish". And the "fish" are somewhat familiar with commands or signals. I'm assuming that these are actual wild animals in the ocean with no training of any kind...They are big and strong and in their natural enviroment. I'm fluffy, not particularly strong, and can't hold my breath for as long as they can. I saw the King of Hill episode where the "fish" got frisky with Hank...so thanks, but no thanks for me! (I'm also not sure why all the reviews put "fish" in quotations instead of calling them what they are, but that seems to be the protocol.)

So if we have the opportunity for "fish" interaction, I think I will watch from the boat and wait until we go to Cozumel again for an actual interaction.

But good luck to you....let us know how it goes.

i have heard about the "fishes" also. We are booked on this tour week after next, so i should be able to let you know after that. I don't have any interest in swimming with "fishes" in open water unless there are professional trainers there who are familiar with each "fish". And the "fish" are somewhat familiar with commands or signals. I'm assuming that these are actual wild animals in the ocean with no training of any kind...they are big and strong and in their natural enviroment. I'm fluffy, not particularly strong, and can't hold my breath for as long as they can. I saw the king of hill episode where the "fish" got frisky with hank...so thanks, but no thanks for me! (i'm also not sure why all the reviews put "fish" in quotations instead of calling them what they are, but that seems to be the protocol.)

so if we have the opportunity for "fish" interaction, i think i will watch from the boat and wait until we go to cozumel again for an actual interaction.

But good luck to you....let us know how it goes.

amen!!!!

Look people,,,,,If I get too detailed this might get someone in trouble.Trust me,,the "fish" know commands,,,the guys are trainers,,,you will not be disapointed,,,take 40 bucks or so extra per person,,,,unless you want to pay 150 or more somewhere else,,,,,,,my wife was soooo happy, she did get pulled by two of them. BTW the "fish" breath air. Take your camera so you can get pics of them jumping out of the water,,doing spins etc etc...

Archived