Mariner of the Seas ~ D1 cabin question. Can you watch TV from the bed?

I'm a little confused. Photos show one thing and images and floorplans show another....Can you watch tv from the bed?

Does the dresser/ TV area and bed headboard align on the same wall?....

Or is the sofa and bed headboard on the same wall, looking across at the TV /dresser?

Also, what is the situation with connecting D1 cabins? I know the doors are supposedly at the foot of the bed, so does that make a difference as to where the sofa is placed?

And with connecting cabins is there a better possibility of having the balcony divider opened up?

If anyone has photos, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post them!! ...........Thanks for your help. :)

I'm a little confused. Photos show one thing and images and floorplans show another....Can you watch tv from the bed?

...........Thanks for your help. :)

Yes, you can watch TV while in bed. The TV is on a base that can swivel.

So do you mean the tv is on the same wall as the headboard? Seems awkward, even if it is on a swivel, that you have to keep turning your head to the side to watch the tv.

Anyone else care to clarify?

Thank You!

Yes, you can watch TV while in bed. The TV is on a base that can swivel.

So do you mean the tv is on the same wall as the headboard? Seems awkward, even if it is on a swivel, that you have to keep turning your head to the side to watch the tv.

Thank You!

If you go to Royal's website, it has an excellent picture of the staterooms that will help you understand.

Thank You!

TV is going to be on an OPPOSITE WALL or CORNER away from the bed so that when laying or sitting down can be easily viewed.....It is also on a swivel so that it can be adjusted left or right for better viewing angles...... Not much different than what would be in your home decor layout....This is not rocket science here ! :rolleyes:

back of sofa and headboard of bed on same wall.

TV on counter on opposite wall.

Tv can be seen by people on sofa, people in bed, or, people in sofabed, or all the above at the same time.

If you go to Royal's website, it has an excellent picture of the staterooms that will help you understand.

Actually, as I stated in my original post, the photo does not match the diagram of the floorplan. Hence my question to anyone that had been in this type of room.

TV is going to be on an OPPOSITE WALL or CORNER away from the bed so that when laying or sitting down can be easily viewed.....It is also on a swivel so that it can be adjusted left or right for better viewing angles...... Not much different than what would be in your home decor layout....This is not rocket science here ! :rolleyes:

I just asked a simple question and never claimed it was rocket science! :) For reasons I don't care to discuss on here, it was important to one person in our group as they are very prone to motion sickness, vertigo etc. and do not like "sailing backwards" and will most likely spend a lot of time in the cabin.

back of sofa and headboard of bed on same wall.

TV on counter on opposite wall.

Tv can be seen by people on sofa, people in bed, or, people in sofabed, or all the above at the same time.

THANK YOU! :D This is exactly what we needed to know.

So, am I to assume that the photo on the Rccl website is outdated and the actual diagram is correct? If you click on the images, a different photo pops up for D1, D2, D3 than for E1, E2. is this because of the connecting cabins situation?

Thank you again for your kind and courteous reply!

Archived