Increased Security Screenings

SeaCruiser_1

I have not seen an underwire bra made with wire in years, if you open it up it is a plastic piece. well maybe not plastic, seems harder than that. but it isn't wire. Do they still actually put wire in bra's anymore??:) Christine

My bras all have underwire and they never set off any metal detector, so I'm sure they're plastic. Once I got checked with the wand (buckles on my sandals, I think, set off the metal detector) and the only metal that the wand detected was on the hooks in back on my bra, and the inspector felt those to make sure that was what was registering.

Slinkie

We live in the "frozen tundra" called Saskatchewan ... who knows what the heck they really used to put my husband's parts together ! :) The first time we flew after his surgery we thought it was his belt - next trip he tried travelling without a belt, and the same thing happened - alarms were going off all around him and he was pulled aside. He removes everything from his pockets as well as his wristwatch, doesn't wear a neckchain, and doesn't have earrings (he's 60+ for god's sake!). The only thing left to set off alarms is his wired chest, and that's where the wand goes crazy when they bring it over his chest. At least he's prepared for it - he just smiles and says he's "bionic" and shows the screeners his scar.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

All by-pass (all open heart surgery where the chest is opened) involves wiring back together of the rib cage. I have had such surgery and am 'wired back together' but never set off the metal detector. I'm puzzled as to why your DH would be setting it off??? Wonder why?

Your health insurance covered Titanium.. his covered Barbed wire:D

Archived