atripila

camperhawk

Hi, My friend Don just told me he was on this drug, good? bad? I want to take him on a cruise, in the future. Was this his way of telling me no? I am not gay, but love and respect this man. Please help me with this!

Hi, My friend Don just told me he was on this drug, good? bad? I want to take him on a cruise, in the future. Was this his way of telling me no? I am not gay, but love and respect this man. Please help me with this!

It's an HIV medication. Many of these have strong side effects that might make a cruise less fun, but I can't imagine turning down a cruise outright because of it. Your friend is obviously HIV+ but it's hard to know more about the situation otherwise.

It's one of the newer ones that is technically a combination of 3 medications (hence, the name).

A close friend of mine was on it for about a year, and the side effects were minimal- mostly mild psychological disturbances (paranoia, strange dreams, etc...). Of course, this is the biggest "your mileage may vary" of all- Others may have horrible reactions to it. My friend was taken off of it because his doc believed that there was a better option for him.

I can't think of a reason why the Atripla (or HIV) should prevent your friend from going on a cruise. Of course, if this is a new diagnosis for him, he is likely (and understandibly) on an emotional roller-coaster right now.

Best to you and your friend.

Archived