Pinnacle Grill - Which night?

anikat

Hi...

I'm going on my first cruise ever on may 16th on the Zuiderdam and I've made a reservation for the PG for the last night on board. At first, I thought it would be a great way to end this trip but after reading multipe posts on CC I'm wondering if it is really the best night....

Will we be rushed to finish our meal because it's the last night? Wil it be a less positive experience because of the timing?? Or does it make no difference at all? So should we pick another night or is this one just as good??

Thank you for your help...

Vanessa

Hi, Anikat. I agree you won't be rushed in the Pinnacle just because it's the last night. A couple other things to think about....do you have open seating for dinner, or an assigned time/table? If you have an assigned table with others, you might wish you could say "goodbye" to your table companions on the last evening. With the hotel service charge on your onboard account, there's no need to give a tip to your servers, but some people do. If you're one of them, you'll have to do this on the second to last night if you spend the final one in the Pinnacle.

On the other hand, most people really enjoy the last formal night in the main dining room (which has the "best" menu choices). That definitely WON'T be on the final night of the cruise (might be on the evening you cruise Glacier Bay), so you can be sure you won't be missing it!

If you enjoy beef, you'll enjoy the Pinnacle. The only other problem I can see with doing this on the last night is if it makes you wish you'd done it sooner, and more often.

The Pinnacle offers a wonderful experience whenever you choose to go. The meal will not be rushed nor the staff, as one day and night are just like the next to them, only the passengers change, I am sorry to say.

I have been there various times. We have started with it on the first night, which is a casual night in the dining room, after checking in with the host to let them know we will be coming on the second night and to send our best wishes or a bottle of wine for our table mates.

We have also done it on a casual dining night mid cruise just to clean up and enjoy the long and entertaining meal with music and not as much buzz as in the dining hall.

We have also chosen special days, as with my DD's birthday and had dinner in the Pinnacle to celebrate this special day just for her.

When you chose they will do their best to meet your ever wish.

Linda

Are you saying that because of menu choices, it is better to eat in the dining room on formal nights? This is our first cruise and I love you CCer's.

We had lobster and steak on our second formal night, which was an especially good dinner in the dining room that I would not have wanted to miss.

no matter which night we went to the pinnacle we always had great service and my wife reminds me that one of them was the last night so enjoy and good luck on your first cruise. we just don`t remember which ship we had dinner at the pinnacle on the last night of the cruise

I think going the very last night is perfect. We have gone many times on the last night. I wish we would have done so this last cruise. We are just not fans of the Master Chef's Dinner which is held the last night on many of the ships just not sure if they will be doing this in Alaska. We will not do it again. Twice was definitely enough. ;)

I wasn't aware that you could make a reservation at the Pinnacle prior to boarding the ship. How do you do about doing that?

On the website, use your booking number to make reservations or just call ship services. Of course, if you make a reservation, you will be required to pre pay.

When I click on the "For Booked guests" I don't see a choice there to make dinner reservations. Am I missing something? Also I am traveling as part of a group of 10 couples and our travel agent has provided or is going to provide us with the dinner at the Pinnacle as her Thank You for booking with her. So will I still be able to pre-reserve?

To make this reservation I just called HAL and asked for it and they transfered me to the right person. It was very easy. But it is true that, in that case, you have to pay immediately. I didn't really mind about it!

Archived