Airport link from rosyth ?

Hi Guys ,

I am booked on the Norway cruise on June 15th with my father , our question is ... as the returning port has been switched by Fred Olsen from Leith to Rosyth ... Will there be a coach connection from the ship to the airport ? If not are taxis available at the port ?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated ...:cool::cool::cool:

As far as I know there will be coaches to Waverley train station but not to the airport. There will be taxis for hire at Rosyth.

Last year in Leith the taxis were a bit of a shambles even with stagerred disembarkation. As yours is the first cruise to terminate in Rosyth the local drivers may not anticipate the demand. I'd suggest you have a few phone numbers with you. I'm going on the following cruise and I certainly will.

Hi Stephen ,

I will be on this cruise as well but will be picked up by prebooked car ,did you get the letter from FO explaining about Rosyth ?.

I would think there will be cabbies on hand but perhaps you could prebook a cab to the airport.

Looking forward to this cruise ,haven,t been on Boudicca for 15 months ,so will be interested to see how shes fareing.:):)

Hi Stephen,

We are on this cruise as well and are flying back to Southampton at the end of the cruise rather than endure the long coach journey.

We contacted Fred Olsen about booking taxis only last week and were given the details of their Port Agent at Rosyth who can book taxis for you.

He can be contacted on 0131 561 0511 or by e-mail (which he prefers):

david.henderson@cory.co.uk

Remember to give him the time you want the taxi for, the destination and the number in your party. He reckons that the cost of the taxi will be about £25 (for two people) plus any waiting time if you are delayed in disembarking.

I hope that this helps.

See you on board!

Simon

Archived