Only 7 days of menus, then you repeat?

elena7seas

I read on another thread that Celebrity is changing menus again, and now will only have "seven menus, so if you are on longer than seven days, they will repeat".

This poster, who seems to be very reliable, just returned from the Millennium with lots of information.

Does anyone else have any further information about new menus, or that there will only be 7 days worth of menus from now on?

I read a recent Millenium review that stated the menus were repeated after the first 14 days. Did you perhaps misread? Menus repeated after 14 days is not a problem at all in my opinion but I would be unhappy to see them repeated after only 7.

We were on a recent 15 day to Hawaii and it repeated on the last day. The first day's menu was repeated on the last day. Now, if you are on 2 7-day back to back cruises you may have the same menu on both cruises as that, in menu terms, is not a 14 day cruise.

Even if they did repeat after 7 days, would this not give the opportunity to try the other things that were on that menu? I mean, there seems to be 4 choices of apps, mains etc on each menu. If I had difficulty choosing one day, it would be nice to know I would get another chance at that menu later.

Really, when you go to a restaurant, the menu is the same for months, even for years but you still go back?

Even if they did repeat after 7 days, would this not give the opportunity to try the other things that were on that menu? I mean, there seems to be 4 choices of apps, mains etc on each menu. If I had difficulty choosing one day, it would be nice to know I would get another chance at that menu later.

Really, when you go to a restaurant, the menu is the same for months, even for years but you still go back?

I agree, there was never a night that I couldn't find at least 2 of everything that I wanted to try....and some people at out table did do that some nights, me included..lol.

I would be very upset if they repeated menus after 7 days- There was usually only one entree on the menu that I liked most nights and even there was one night that nothing sounded good and that was on a five day cruise with the new menus. The only night where there two entrees I would choose from unfortunately was on the night we went to the specialty restaurant.

Celebrity had always had 14 days worth of menus and they appear in the same order (day 1 always on day 1) with the formal night menus tucked in the order on the day they apply.

I think you will like the new menus. I will hopefully have them up by tomorrow. The new "always available" section is expanded, and now has creme brulee:).

Steve

Hi Steve:

Did I understand correctly that there will only be a rotation of 7 days of Celebrity menus now, rather than the previous 14?

Is this to be for all Solstice and Millennium class ships?

Thanks!

That is what I was told. When I was given the menu's to look at there were only 7. I was told thats all there was going to be and they would be repeated for cruises longer than 7 days.

Now, as I mentioned earlier there was lots of conflicting info on the refurb and Im sure the menu's are no different. Im not even sure if these are new to the entire fleet or if they are being used on Solstice already as I havent sailed on her yet. Hopefully when I post them tonight, we will get some more information.

Steve

I think you will like the new menus. I will hopefully have them up by tomorrow. The new "always available" section is expanded, and now has creme brulee:).

Steve

One of my favorite desserts! I'm looking forward to seeing the new menus. Thanks!

Steve

The only changes that I really noticed on your posted menus from those on our Jan Century cruise was the always available section had a few additional selections - hubby will be glad escargot is once again on the always available - otherwise the menus were very similar to our menus on our January Century cruise.

Archived