Just off the 5/3 Pride sailing, any questions?

I would love to answer any questions regarding the Pride out of Baltimore..

Tell me about the ports! The crew! Your favorite things about the Pride!

We really enjoyed the Pride on the West Coast...what should convince me that sailing out of Baltimore is a good idea?

Ok, I guess I will be writing a full review! LOL! We absolutely loved the ship! I was very clean and the layout was great! We were in cabin 8232 and my parents had 8234. The rooms were not adjoining but the balconies were and they were extended which gave us like 4 balconies worth of room! It was the perfect location on deck 8, as were right by the elevators and steps to the lido deck food!

I will have to get unpacked and get some photos posted as well as get specific about the embarkation and the ports!

Sad to be home, but glad to re livethe memories!

I have a couple of questions? One has been asked. The timing of embarkation. What time will they allow you to start boarding. Also, any insight you can give to Your Time Dining would help, even if you did not have Your Time.

Thanks,

vicki

Relax and write more.......I leave on The Pride May 30th.......please tell us more!!!! Let us know how it was getting on and off the ship???? What time did they let you board? More!!!! More!!!!lol lol lol :)

which nights were elegant night?

any experience with anytime dining?

chair hogs by the pool?

what time did they allow passengers to start boarding?

I'm sooooooo excited to hear all about your trip... we have just 40 more days til our sailing!

We will be sailing the end of June and have lots of questions too! Many same as above, but also.....

we will also be on the Panorama deck - being high up, did you feel much movement?

how was traffic getting in and out of Baltimore?

Can't wait for your review!!

One thing I would like to hear is how was the debarkation? I took the Miracle out of Baltimore and it took us hours of waiting to get off the ship. Hopefully that has improved!!:D

I can answer this one. It hasn't. We had a wonderful cruise, but debarkation is still a disaster...frankly, I think that it has less to do with Baltimore than the unfortunate fact that half of the ship debarks using self-assist. We were in an aft-wrap, so we had priority embarkation and debarkation. The embarkation was a big plus...btw, they start boarding at 1:30. We saw huge lines for at least an hour or two after that. The debarkation didn't benefit us at all. We waited for nearly 2 hours for the self-assist passengers to debark. Imo, they seriously need to somehow regulate the self-assist procedure. At the very least, they should require some sort of pass/tag that will allow Carnival to anticipate the number of passengers that will be using the self-assist, so that they can manage the process in conjunction with the port. Imagine waiting for 1000 people to take their luggage thru customs if you're only anticipating 200.

I'll mention just a few other Baltimore/Pride specific details. Believe me, we are sailing again in August, so the positives far outweigh the negatives, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so here goes.

Take medication for motion sickness. This was my 10th cruise. I've never needed it before. The first day at sea, I was sick. So was my husband. That extra day of rough Atlantic waters sailing at 24 knots is a killer. Be prepared. We'll do the patch in August, no question about it.

The Mermaid Grille had the most slippery floors that I've ever encountered on a cruise ship. Be careful. People were falling all over the place. We were sliding about in our running shoes.

Don't bother arriving before 12:30. The prior cruisers won't be off until at least then. The terminal was filled to capacity with people waiting to board when we arrived at 12:30, and we saw lines of people waiting to get on for 2 hours after we boarded (we had priority embarkation). I wouldn't wait much longer than 12:30-1 to arrive however, because the parking lot line (if you drive) is crazy long. That is the only part of the Baltimore process that needs serious work, imo. Entering and paying for parking is a disorganized mess. I would say that if you arrive at 12:30, the longest wait that you would have from that point would be 2 hours, and that's probably a stretch.

The Mermaid Grille had the most slippery floors that I've ever encountered on a cruise ship. Be careful. People were falling all over the place. We were sliding about in our running shoes.

That happened to us a few years ago on the Valor. It was horrible trying to find carpet to walk on. I mentioned it when I was up there, but no one did anything. I went to the Purser's Desk and told them how dangerous it was and within an hour the problem was gone. Also, thanks for the info on the embarkation and debarkation. We had #1 for getting off 2 months ago and they failed to call the number. We were in a total mess trying to get off once they called #3. We had all the self-assist debarkers plus all the #1s and #2s and #3s -- what a mess -- and that was in Miami!

I'll mention just a few other Baltimore/Pride specific details. Believe me, we are sailing again in August, so the positives far outweigh the negatives, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so here goes.

Take medication for motion sickness. This was my 10th cruise. I've never needed it before. The first day at sea, I was sick. So was my husband. That extra day of rough Atlantic waters sailing at 24 knots is a killer. Be prepared. We'll do the patch in August, no question about it.

Don't bother arriving before 12:30. The prior cruisers won't be off until at least then. The terminal was filled to capacity with people waiting to board when we arrived at 12:30, and we saw lines of people waiting to get on for 2 hours after we boarded (we had priority embarkation). I wouldn't wait much longer than 12:30-1 to arrive however, because the parking lot line (if you drive) is crazy long. That is the only part of the Baltimore process that needs serious work, imo. Entering and paying for parking is a disorganized mess. I would say that if you arrive at 12:30, the longest wait that you would have from that point would be 2 hours, and that's probably a stretch.

Has the port gotten this bad or is it something different that CCL is doind?

We've used the new Baltimore port for 3 sailings with RCCL and never had to wait to get on the ship and we've been there as early as 11"30 and as late as 1.

Archived