Dream Only Carnival Ship In Med In 2010??

TCF

Checking out Med cruise for a year from now and when I went to the Carnival site all they show are two cruises for the Dream in Med in 2010!

Surely Carnival has more than one ship in the Med next year...and more than two 12 day cruises?

Any one else looking for similar cruise?

Thanks for the help.

I've been looking for the same information cause our family is also thinking of a European cruise for next year and wanted to explore Carnival as an option. From the research that I've done, I didn't see any sailings at all for 2010 but the Dream is sailing out of Europe for fall of 2009.

Carnival made a strategic decision last year to bring the fleet home to the US. They've positioned ships to allow folks to drive to ports rather than having to add the expense of air fare to their vacation. Their decision has paid off.

Carnival is operating in the black while other lines are struggling.

John Heald told me that he hopes there will be enough strength in the economy in 2011 to allow ships to return to Europe and remain profitable...

In the end, Carnival is a business responsible to it's share holders to make money. I think they do that job well...

:)

Checking out Med cruise for a year from now and when I went to the Carnival site all they show are two cruises for the Dream in Med in 2010!

Surely Carnival has more than one ship in the Med next year...and more than two 12 day cruises?

Any one else looking for similar cruise?

Thanks for the help.

You may have to wait until 2011 when the Magic debuts.

My wife and I have the same problem for a transatlantic for Fall 2010. As for alternatives, I've looked at Princess, NCL, and Royal Caribbean. Princess' price is skyhigh. NCL and RC are reasonable. We normally cruised Princess until the economic downturn when we moved to Carnival. Now it looks like NCL or RC for 2010. I hope Carnival's withdrawal from Europe is not permenant.

Archived