Article about bears in Anchorage

mountainhouse

Amazing to me that someone would choose to live in a place that has always been filled with wildlife, including animals that can be dangerous to humans, and then say the best solution is to just kill the dangerous animals that have lived there for eons. Bears are part of what makes Alaska Alaska. If you don't want to live with bears, live where there are no bears, don't just kill them.

It's unfortunate that there are so few wild places left that most of us have to travel thousands of miles to see the few that exist (while they still exist).

Amazing to me that someone would choose to live in a place that has always been filled with wildlife, including animals that can be dangerous to humans, and then say the best solution is to just kill the dangerous animals that have lived there for eons. Bears are part of what makes Alaska Alaska. If you don't want to live with bears, live where there are no bears, don't just kill them.

It's unfortunate that there are so few wild places left that most of us have to travel thousands of miles to see the few that exist (while they still exist).

AMEN!!!! Way too many people move to the country for "peace and quiet and wildlife". Then when wildlife show up or the peace and quiet isn't what they thought it was, want to change the "old" residents way of life, be it man or animal. The main complaint in the article is from a woman who MOVED from Washington State to Alaska. Go BACK to Washington State and QUIT trying to impose your way of life on OTHERS way of life. IMHO, when you move someplace, you take the place for what it is, NOT what you want it to be.

here, here....Please go back...Come visit but if you don't want/like bears in your backyard, don't live here. We have >400 black/brown bears who live within the city limits of Anchorage....and 2 wolf packs....and too many moose to count....and last year a big wolverine walked across my yard...

Now I know where I can go to spot bears next May when we come up on our cruise. The bears were there first. It is no different then those who complain about alligators in FL. I understand the distress of the person in the ariticle but you chose to live there plus you have to understand that a food source such as easy open trash can makes for an easy meal. You need to have a plan in the event you are trapped in your house - sit back and watch enjoying the benefits of living in an area with lots of wildlife. We are looking forward to our visit in 2010.

Archived