Piano Player/ Music on Carnival?

Sorry I have had so many posts today - I am on a wedding "kick" at the moment! Has anyone had the Piano Player on a Carnival Wedding? Is it worth the cost? Has anyone had a wedding and no music? Is it awkward? We won't have any dancers - so I don't want a DJ. Advise please!

I was married last November on the Carnival Glory. I did the 'luncheon' reception. We had a small wedding (~16 guests, only 6 sailing). I did pay for the piano player for my reception and I thought it was well worth it. During the lunch he played soft classical music. There was no singing or dancing - but it gave the luncheon an 'upscale' feel to me. I loved it.

For our wedding, we just went with Carnival provided music (march etc.)

Really - it is up to you and what you want. For us, we felt it was well worth the money and we were happy we did it. I'm sure you will get other opinions.

Good luck planning the wedding. Congrats! I loved doing a "cruise wedding" with Carnival.

• 1 month later...

We had our reception in the dining room with heavy appetizers, open bar and a carving station. We hired the piano player, no DJ, no dancing... It was very elegant and classy. Well worth the money.

Archived