Any info on Enchantment of the Seas?

I am wondering for those of you who have been on EOS what you liked/disliked about it.

This is our first cruise so I am sure it will be enjoyable regardless but was interested in experienced cruisers' thoughts on the ship.

Also, any info on when they will resume stops to Cozumel? Our June 8th itinerary took off the stop and had us at sea an extra day but I am thinking it may be safe again by June to stop in Mexico again.

Thanks!!!

We were just on the Enchantment, 5/2/09. Loved the adult pool area, very quite & relaxing. Can't really think of anything negative concerning the ship.

Nobody knows when Mexico will be opened back up, hopefully soon. We had Jamaica as the replacement port.

We just completed the repositioning cruise on the Enchantment from Panama to Fort Lauderdale.

The Enchantment is a lovely ship, a little bit tired in some areas but has a lovely atmosphere.

There are rumours around that sometimes there is a funny smell on this ship, have to say we smelt it once at the adult pool around 0900 in the morning, it lasted for about five minutes and it was foulllllll. However that was the only time we experienced it. It soon passed and we never experienced it again even though we were in the same area at the same time of day for quite a few days.

Do not let this put you off the ship is quite lovely.

Went on Enchantment for our honeymoon, and first cruise, so it will always be special to us. :D We loved the pool deck b/c there was always lots of action, but the Solarium was sooo nice to just take it easy. If you go, Enjoy!

We were on the 4/19 repositioning and had a great 8 day cruise! We had some reservations about the ship being a bit on the older side (we had recently been on the brand new Solstice) but the Enchantment has been well cared for and her crew was just outstanding. It was our 13th cruise (our first was also on Royal Caribbean) and we had a great time. Hope it's the start of many great cruises for you. It's such a fun way to vacation.

You are departing on my anniversary. We'll be on Enchantment with our sons at the end of July. We haven't been on Enchantment yet, but on her unstretched sister ships: Splendour, and Legend. They are lovely.

I am wondering for those of you who have been on EOS what you liked/disliked about it.

This is our first cruise so I am sure it will be enjoyable regardless but was interested in experienced cruisers' thoughts on the ship.

We've been on "Channie" twice and loved it.

There is tons of info about the ship, photos, daily newsletters etc on our web site in the link in my signature.

Mike

Our very first cruise was on the EOS in 2005. We absolutely loved her and our 5 day cruise. Can not say one negative thing about this ship. This cruise got us hooked on cruising. We booked the EOS again 2 yrs. later and the same Western Caribbean Itinerary - to Key West, Cozumel and Belize to see if it gave us the same wonderful feeling. And, IT DID!!! The second time around was just after she had been lengthened. It was pleasant to see the same beautiful ship and some new features added. I would not hesitate sailing on the Enchantment again. Enjoy your cruise - I am sure you will love the EOS.

Also, any info on when they will resume stops to Cozumel? Our June 8th itinerary took off the stop and had us at sea an extra day but I am thinking it may be safe again by June to stop in Mexico again.

Thanks!!!

Are you doing the 5 night Western that includes Belize? If so, I would love to know what you thought about it. We are doing that cruise on EOS in November and are looking forward to snorkeling in Belize.

Have a blast! BTW, I'm in NH too!

Can anyone tell me about Enchantment's dress code? Is there a formal night? I'm thinking of sending my son and his bride-to-be on their honeymoon on this ship, but neither of them would want to dress formally.

Thanks, Susan

We booked Enchantment yesterday and are sailing June 4! :D

You will love the Enchantment....this is our 2nd sailing on her. Very fun nights (bar, music & dancing and great views) in the Viking Crown Lounge. I think the fun starts at 10:30....don't miss it!

As far as Cozumel...I was told when I booked that Mexico ports wouldn't be resumed until July, as our June 4 sailing was supposed to be Cozumel, but was replaced with Nassau.

Enjoy!

We did the Enchantment last year at the end of May, it was great. No complaints whatsoever. It was mentioned in an earlier post that there was a brief foul smell that confirmed a rumor. I'd never heard the rumor, and, fortunately, never experienced the "smell!":(

Anyways, make sure you do Chops, it was awesome. That filet just melts in your mouth. The staff/crew was great and the Viking Crown Lounge gets wild into the late hours! Again, no complaints here!!:D

Can anyone tell me about Enchantment's dress code? Is there a formal night? I'm thinking of sending my son and his bride-to-be on their honeymoon on this ship, but neither of them would want to dress formally.

Thanks, Susan

They don't have to attend formal night. They can always go and eat at the buffet that night (I'm assuming there's only one formal night on a 5 day cruise???).

But formal night doesn't have to be long gown and tuxedo either. She can wear a cocktail dress or even some dress pants and a slinky top and get away with that. He can wear a sports coat and lots of guys will go with a dress shirt and tie and dress pants. They will still fit in.

Can anyone confirm on the 5 day how many formal nights there are? I'm assuming one but I'm not sure.

We booked Enchantment yesterday and are sailing June 4! :D

You will love the Enchantment....this is our 2nd sailing on her. Very fun nights (bar' date=' music & dancing and great views) in the Viking Crown Lounge. I think the fun starts at 10:30....don't miss it![/b']

As far as Cozumel...I was told when I booked that Mexico ports wouldn't be resumed until July, as our June 4 sailing was supposed to be Cozumel, but was replaced with Nassau.

Enjoy!

Cruisin RN- we are also booked on the EOS for the fourth. It looks like we will have a few Hoosiers on this cruise. My wife and I are both from Indiana, plus there is at least one other group from Elkhart. We are also doing the five nighter prior to the four nighter, so we will be up at the pool bar when everyone starts arriving.

I just got back from Enchanment on May 2, it was my 9th cruise but myhubby and 5yr olds first they loved it, booking already for next year, it was a lovley ship (we were the first with the no Mexico) we didnt get another port just another day at sea, Belize was ok, not a "pretty" island. The staff were friendly, we ate at the dining room one night not to pleased with that turn out, but the buffet for the day was great (3pm was better) a great experience

We did a B2B on EN last fall. Had a really wonderful time. Outstanding crew and staff. Manager of Guest Relations Rosa Torres was especially helpful.

EN comes to Baltimore next year, and we will be happy to sea her (EN and Rosa) again!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived