Port Canaveral Rental Cars

maynovmom

We booked the Dream :) for next April and it looks like the cheapest way to get to the port is going to be a rental car. We fly in the night before and would need to rent a car from the airport, keep it over night, and then drive to the port. Does anyone know what rental agencies are right at the port itself? We have always sailed out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so this is a new experience for us. A taxi seems like it is going to be more costly. There are only 2 of us. Thanks for any help on this.

We booked the Dream :) for next April and it looks like the cheapest way to get to the port is going to be a rental car. We fly in the night before and would need to rent a car from the airport, keep it over night, and then drive to the port. Does anyone know what rental agencies are right at the port itself? We have always sailed out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so this is a new experience for us. A taxi seems like it is going to be more costly. There are only 2 of us. Thanks for any help on this.

None are at the port itself, they are around the entrance and they all have shuttles so take your pick.:)

Its one road from the airport to the port and we have many hotels around there so either book port Canaveral or Cocoa beach.

Steve

We have used Avis and Thrifty/Dollar which are very close to the port and offer shuttle service.

We used Budget last year. It was really easy. Picked the car up at the airport. Then, dropped it off at Budget in Port Canaveral, right by the Port. They shuttled us over. Then, we got off we walked to the Budget parking spot and they were there waiting for us. They run shuttles every 10-15 minutes on the return day. Then, we drove back to the airport and dropped off the car. We'll be using them again next June when we sail on the Dream.

Avis, Hertz, Budget & Thrifty all have rental offices in the airport and offer a free shuttle services from the Cocoa Beach location to the port.

Do you rent the car right at the airport? Then just tell them you will return it at port canaveral? Then reserve the shuttle then also?

Thanks

According to Avis' site you do not have to reserve the shuttle. It says it runs continuously every 15 minutes to take you to the ship.

Yes, but I would make reservations first.

I agree definitely reserve a car, there were people in the Avis line for almost an hour and they had a tiny sign at the counter saying no cars available, only reservation holders. Sadly you couldn't see the sign until you were right in the front of the line. I did reserve the shuttle at the same time I reserved the car online, you don't need a credit card to reserve so if you find a cheaper rate later on you can just cancel and rebook :)

You can find some great Avis discount codes on mousesavers dot com too

We used Budget last year. It was really easy. Picked the car up at the airport. Then, dropped it off at Budget in Port Canaveral, right by the Port. They shuttled us over. Then, we got off we walked to the Budget parking spot and they were there waiting for us. They run shuttles every 10-15 minutes on the return day. Then, we drove back to the airport and dropped off the car. We'll be using them again next June when we sail on the Dream.

We also used Budget and it worked out great. I made a our reservation on their website. I made a seperate reservation for a car for our drive back to the airport our flight was later so we had time to have lunch in Coco Beach and then drive to the airport.

I was just having a little fun with you. The word is online. :)

Too funny!! I was wondering if I was using the correct word - you know people from North Dakota are usually behind everyone else HA HA Just kidding if anyone else is from ND here - just a joke!!

Archived