Southern Caribbean 18 Nov 2009 Carnival Victory - Is this cancelled???

fenny7cats

Hi there,

We have booked the above cruise through Virgin Cruises which flies us out to Barbados for 3 nights and then picks up the Victory SC cruise on Wed 18/11/09. However on searching both the Virgin Cruise website and Carnival's website today I can see no listing of this cruise on this date. s anyone else booked on this one or has it been cancelled and Virgin have not told us yet? As this is only our 2nd cruise for my hubby's 50th Birthday that week I am a little worried if they have now cancelled it. If anyone knows anything, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

odd...the site shows it leaving San Juan on the 15th and Being in Barbados on the 18th.....:confused:

That is correct, but Carnival also markets this itinerary as a Barbados RT. I see October and December sailings available on the Carnival website, but not November.

I would suspect that the sailing date in question is simply sold out, so it is no longer visible on the website.

That is correct, but Carnival also markets this itinerary as a Barbados RT. I see October and December sailings available on the Carnival website, but not November.

I would suspect that the sailing date in question is simply sold out, so it is no longer visible on the website.

ahhhh...that may explain why those dates are missing under the Barbados listings.

so the OP should be ok since they are already booked.

Thanks for this - I am still a little confused as when we booked it we were led to believe that it started in Barbados on 18th for 7 days (Not coming from San Juan). Even if it was fully booked often these are displayed on websites with the message 'sold out' across the relevant date, so would Carnival not do the same rather than take this date off thier website???

Hi there,

We have booked the above cruise through Virgin Cruises which flies us out to Barbados for 3 nights and then picks up the Victory SC cruise on Wed 18/11/09. However on searching both the Virgin Cruise website and Carnival's website today I can see no listing of this cruise on this date. s anyone else booked on this one or has it been cancelled and Virgin have not told us yet? As this is only our 2nd cruise for my hubby's 50th Birthday that week I am a little worried if they have now cancelled it. If anyone knows anything, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

They usually allow only a certain amount of cabins to depart from Barbados, so my guess is that the quota has been reached.

Joanne

Thanks for this - I am still a little confused as when we booked it we were led to believe that it started in Barbados on 18th for 7 days (Not coming from San Juan). Even if it was fully booked often these are displayed on websites with the message 'sold out' across the relevant date, so would Carnival not do the same rather than take this date off thier website???

they run a continuous 7 day loop with people boarding both in San Juan and Barbados...they then disembark 7 days later in the port the embarked on.

I hope I explained that clearly...LOL

:p

Archived