Port or Starboard in the Fjords

StLucia

Hi, as far as I can remember from QE2 trip to fjords it didnt really matter. Fantastic views from both sides & sun variable but you dont go to Norway to sunbathe! You`ll have a great time just watching the views as you go along. Enjoy..........

Hi, as far as I can remember from QE2 trip to fjords it didnt really matter. Fantastic views from both sides & sun variable but you dont go to Norway to sunbathe! You`ll have a great time just watching the views as you go along. Enjoy..........

Thank you for replying so quickly. We'll just see what's the best cabin available.

We did port side on the Ventura to the fjords last year in June.

Views were awesome. We got the morning sun on our balcony. Can't remember about the afternoon/evening.

The views were fantastic from either side.

Here is a link to some of my fjord pictures:-

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/gailoswald/VenturaFjordsJune2008#

Regards

Gail

We did port side on the Ventura to the fjords last year in June.

Views were awesome. We got the morning sun on our balcony. Can't remember about the afternoon/evening.

The views were fantastic from either side.

Here is a link to some of my fjord pictures:-

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/gailoswald/VenturaFjordsJune2008#

Regards

Gail

Thank you Gail I still have that wonderful photo you sent me on my desktop.

Janet

• 2 weeks later...

on your clock you are going to the fiords on 12/6/ 2010 on the ventura is that right as we are going on her to carruna ;bilbao etc on 5/6/2010 for seven nights and dont get back till 12/6/1010can they change over that quick .wot cabin are you in we are in c702 .val

on your clock you are going to the fiords on 12/6/ 2010 on the ventura is that right as we are going on her to carruna ;bilbao etc on 5/6/2010 for seven nights and dont get back till 12/6/1010can they change over that quick .wot cabin are you in we are in c702 .val

Hi Val

Yes that date is correct and yes they do change over that quick. One of the sad things on a cruise is the speed pax are disembarked at the end of the cruise. P&O are slightly more relaxed about it and we were out of our cabin by 10am but when we were on Independance into Southampton our disembarkture time was 6am!. The next passengers start boarding by 11.30 though cabins are not normally available after lunch.

Janet

Gail

Did you go on any P&O organised trips, if so what were they, and did you enjoy.;)

We went on 2 P&O organised tours.

The first was an all day trip from Bergen which took us out into the countryside. We visited an ancient wooden church, went on a ferry with the bus, saw some fantastic scenery, had a 3 course lunch and visited a waterfall. It was an enjoyable day out but I regret not seeing Bergen itself.

The second was at Olden where we went by coach to the bottom of the hill by the Briksdal Glacier. We then had to walk about an hour, mostly uphill, to the glacier itself. We spent a little time there and then had to walk back. We were then treated to unlimited cakes and tea/coffee!!! It was quite a hard walk although quite scenic. The only way you could really go there was by coach tour. If I am honest, we were a little disappointed as the glacier appeared to have shrunk since our friends visited 2 years earlier (and we had seen their photos).

Hope this helps.

Gail

Fantastic views from both sides & sun variable but you dont go to Norway to sunbathe!

I agree about the wonderful views from both sides. However in Flaam and Olden a couple of weeks ago it was aproching 18 C and loads of people were sunbathing and swimming.

Eddie

Archived