Can Stroller on Mendenhall Glacier trail?

MichelleVA

I don't remember the trails very well, and it probably depends on which trails you plan to walk... but my first reaction is that it probably depends somewhat on what type of stroller you are using. Many people choose to use cheap, collapsible umbrella strollers when traveling because they are compact and convenient. The problem with these strollers is that they really aren't very good for anything other than a flat, smooth surface. A good jogging stroller, OTOH, will go nearly anywhere... but of course they have the disadvantage of being bulkier to bring when traveling.

I'm sure someone here can tell you more about the surfaces of the various trails, and then you can decide how well your stroller will handle it... or if it's worth it to pack a stroller that will work.

There have been a couple threads on this exact topic. You could try searching for those. The basic answer is that the "main" trail around the area is paved and easily accessible (for wheelchairs too).

So yes an umbrella stroller will work fine.

You do realize there are several trails?? I am assuming you just mean the Photo Point trail, yes this is stroller friendly. Forget East Glacier Loop. You "might" be able to manage the Trail of time, if you can lift the stroller a few times. It's mostly a path, but there are a few areas, that would require a lift perhaps.

What kind of stroller? Agree with the poster that an umbrella would be fine on the main path...well as fine as an umbrella can be...sheesh those things are uncomfortable to push.

The nature trail as I call, though I guess the technical name is Trail of Time...is manageable with a good stroller..I dont know what they call em..joggers or whatever..but we have a Valco and I'd take it on there in a heartbeat.

Hope that helps

Archived