Diamond coupon books - B1G1 1/2 off - wine?

We are on the Rhapsody on 5/22 - can anyone tell me if the Diamond coupon books still include the "buy one bottle of wine and get the second at half price"? If not, is the wine package a good deal? Does anyone have a recent wine list with prices??

Also, how much is a bucket of beer? Read earlier a bottle is $7.50 - if so, guess they don't want us drinking (much).

Thanks

As of March on the Mariner the wine coupon was still there but I don't think it ws 50% off the second bottle. It was more like 20% off.

I used to buy the wine package all the time, but got tired of the same old selections. It is a good deal if you (1) like the wines on the list, and more importantly (2) know the prices of those wines and only order those that cost more than the average per bottle price.

For example. If the package costs $100 for 5 bottles, it's $20 a bottle. The wines on the wine and dine list will run from $15 to $25 per bottle, with most around the $20 price. If you order one of the $15 wines it's not a good deal; the $30 it is a good deal. I used to order the platinum selection. The Rioja, Beujolais and one Chardonnay were at least 5 to 10 over the average per bottle price. Then it made it a good deal. But there were many wines on the platinum list that could be purchased as an individual bottle for less than the per bottle package price.

I stopped buying the wine package so I could mix it up more. One of my new personal favorites is the house Cabernet. I ordered a glass of cab in one of the bars and it was really good. I asked our dining room waiter what it was and he brought it to the rable. It's one of the cheaper cabs on the list but was better than some of the more expensive ones!

I've never seen a bottle of wine on any cruise line for $15! That's why I asked if anyone had a recent wine list. We are not wine afficiandos (sp) and just want the pleasure of a glass with dinner and one to take to the show.

To the OP I bought one of my Worthless Ultimate Diamond/Diamond Plus booklets home with me the other I just left in case the next passenger wanted to use it.

Regarding wine here goes

Buy 1 glass of wine & get the second one free

Receive a 15% discount on any bottle of wine $100.00 USD or more

Receive a 20% discount on any 1 bottle of Dom Perignon Charmpayne

Purchase any bottle of wine & receive 20% discount on any second bottle of wine over $50.00 USD.

This booklet is fresh off of the press we were on the 4/16/09 NOS TA!

Needless to say we bought the Platinium wine package it will be a cold day in hell when I would buy a bottle of wine for 100.00 inflated price on a cruise ship. At home I will spend the 100.00 & know that I am getting a very good bottle of wine for that price.

The one that I love in the booklet now that we no longer have JR coupons for the food but at JR you can buy one milkshake & get the second one free. Big Whoop!

Also, how much is a bucket of beer? Read earlier a bottle is $7.50 - if so, guess they don't want us drinking (much).

Thanks

Hi,

On our recent Grandeur cruise they were no longer selling the buckets of beer. A 16oz Bud or Bud Light was $4.95 + 15% tip came to $5.69. I think the 12oz Coors Light was the same price.

Enjoy your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Duchess, you are a lady after my own heart...$100.00 - I don't think so. Thanks for the great information!

Savannahrose Thanks for the compliment. Sorry I forgot one more regarding wine.

Vintages wine flight discount

Purchase any wine flight & receive 25% discount on a second wine flight of equal or lesser value.

Note there are no longer free wine tastings as well. They all are you have to buy something to get something.

I did write on my comment card before I left the ship that the New Ultimate Diamond/Plus booklet is a Disgrace & is Worthless for us! The only coupons we used were the 10.00 internet, & the three free pulls(won a key chain)!

If you or anyone else want to know what else is in the booklet I will be glad to post.

By the way all of my coupons are stamped Valid During THIS CRUISE Version:13 04/01/2009 Expiration: 03/31/2010.

Which means if anyone has any old coupons there is no way you can use them at all.

Don't forget the wine list in Chops and Portofino are different than in the main dining room We had a bottle of Cakebread Merlot in Chops that wasn't available on the regular list. And yes, it was expensive, but worth it with a Chops meal.

Archived