Finally got my book "Cruise Confidential"

tammi0916

:)You should also read the book by Joyce-Gleeson Adamidis "Under The Captains Table"...She was Social Hostes, Cruise Director among other jobs on board Ship and now the Captain's wife. Her husband is or was the Captain on board de Celebrity Millennium, you will be surprised what that couple did before the relationship came to light and eventually marriage. Is very good......:o

I ordered my Cruise Confidential book from Amazon on April 27th and am still waiting for it. :confused: So far have received two different shipping dates and the last contact was they were not sure when they would ship. Hopefully they fill back orders before starting on new ones. I did receive What Time is the Midnight Buffet and am almost through it. I'm an avid reader and its fun to read about something I love doing! Cruisin!

By the time I receive my book maybe the sequel will be out?

Sportster, I was in the same situation. I ordered from Amazon and they kept pushing back the date. I finally cancelled the order and ordered from Barnes and Noble. I got it in about 2 weeks. They had it shipped from a secondary shipper as they had no books in stock either, but at least I got it. If I would've kept my order with Amazon, I would still be waiting.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book now and love it.

I would love to buy any of these books from someone who is done with them. And I would pass them on, of course!

Thanks,

Chris

mnjrt@yahoo.com

I purchased 3 books from Amazon: Cruise Confidential, What Time is the Midnight Buffet? and one other written by former CD on Carnival- I sent them to our daughter who is working on the Spirit, she returned them to me when we sailed 6/17- I left then in our state room- look for them in the library? when you sail if you haven't received them by your sail date. We we lucky to be able to visit the crew area. One thing I hadn't expected is that it is very clean appearing- white walls, blue floors, brightly lit.

I'll look for them when we get there.

Someone was talking about a CC guest type book in some of the library's where you let other's know "I was here". Do you know if they have anything like that on the Spirit (or Ecstasy, I know we'll be back on her this winter - cannot resist those last minute cheap rates!).

If anyone is done with any of those books and would like to pass them on, I would be happy to pay the shipping costs. Or pass them on to other cruise critic members. You can email me at davebon23@msn.com.

Thanks. Glad you all enjoyed the different books you read. I tried looking at my local libraries and they don't have any of them. I think passing along is a great way to share good books.:)

I just got this from the library this weekend! I can't wait to read it! Had to read "Pretty in Plaid" first...I was #1 of 27 holds...I guessed I should read it quick and pass it on. I'll be hunting down other cruise-related books, too. B/c really I need to be MORE obssessed with my cruise in freaking November, you know!

I just read the book (checked out from the library, sorry Brian! ;)) and it was fantastic. The ending is a bit abrupt and anti-climactic, IMHO, but right up to then I found it riveting. Good job!

I think he intended to leave it hanging.......he describes from times together to separation.....I don't want to spoil the end for those that have not read the book.

Does anyone know if Brian married Bianca? His website says something live he lives with his wife in.....I wonder if that worked out????

I think he intended to leave it hanging.......he describes from times together to separation.....I don't want to spoil the end for those that have not read the book.

Not to worry, the sequel begins right where this one leaves off. Too much stuff for merely one book, who would want to read something that long, eh?

Cool, David, it's you! Just read the book while camping last week and have passed on to my husband. We cruised with Carnival in April and we were very good at showing up on time each night in the dining room and not ordering extras. Thanks for the great adventure through your eyes, and yes, I too, am waiting to hear what happened next!

We joked that our daughter, a cellist, should get a job on a cruise ship and then we could have benefits to cruise. But after reading your book, I am not sure if I would want her to work on a ship, even as entertainment staff...though, now I want to read a book written from their perspective!

Looking forward to the next book,

Colleen

Brian, I really enjoyed your book and have a question. From your book, it appears if I eat at the specialty restaurant, my regular waiters don't get paid for that meal. Assuming I leave the regular tips on my account, is it correct I actually stiffed my regular waiters for that meal? :o If so, I will make sure to add some cash for them at the end of the week. Thanks. Linda

Not to worry, the sequel begins right where this one leaves off. Too much stuff for merely one book, who would want to read something that long, eh?

But when will it be ready for all of us Cruisaholics to read!?!?!?!?!:D

Looking forward to it. I hope they are printing enough copies!!:D

I got that same impression but he could be throwing us off the scent, LOL He is married to a Romanian woman, so I guess we'll have to wait and see!

It appears that most people love this book. I started out enjoying it but got bored with it towards the end. Anyone else? I wound up giving it to my waiter in the dining room. I was telling him all about it and he wanted the name of the book and the author, so the next night I gave him the book to read.

Me too! I gave mine to our young asst.waiter Vladan from Bosnia. He was thrilled to have it, but swore it was exaggerated. Guess I'll never know the real answer, but as I said in an earlier post on this thread, he did make a good point. If the crew is below deck all bombed out of their minds, what happens if there's an emergency?? He did agree it was long hours with little down time.

I'm glad to hear that. I need closure! :D

I just got my copy today in the mail from Amazon!

I ordered on June 2nd and it came today. I guess they ran another printing.

I am one of those people that purchase books and music so the rightful owner gets his dues. I look forward to reading this.

Brian,

I hope my purchase helps pay for a hamburger or something. I look forward to reading this copy and your sequel.

Bon Voyage

djp

Snagged the last copy at Borders yesterday! We had to drive about 45 minutes to a remote store thou... The wife just came along for the ride and didnt know why I was going so far for a book. Well she started reading it on the way home and now I can't get it back!!!!:mad::mad::mad: I drive all that way to get my copy before we sail (7-17-09) and I still have to wait!!!!!:mad::mad: Women....:eek:

Archived