Finally got my book "Cruise Confidential"

tammi0916

I just finished reding it, took me 2 days ;)

Although I did enjoy the book, I was hoping to read "more" of what they really think of the passengers. The book was mainly his "adventures"

I wish I would of gotten it from the library rather than spending $$$ on it.

I sail in 3 days, and have one more chapter to go! It has been a very quick read and I have enjoyed it a lot. I honestly thought he was a little bit annoying at times (perhaps purposefully embellished for literary purposes???), but over all it was an interesting book. I too, thought that it would have more of an expose feel, rather than a love story/adventure. But I am still going to recommend it to my girlfriend. She is going to read it on the boat. It truly has gotten me pumped up for our trip.

Who would like to sell me their copy? We could make it a traveling cruise book passing it along to the next cruiser with notations of where the book has traveled. Anyone up for it? Can I get A copy for my next cruise 5-22-09 Karon:)

I ordered this book from Amazon about 6 weeks ago...This was a fun and interesting read! I am a 1st time cruiser and I will be on the Paradise next Monday. I will definitely appreciate the staff a lot more, especially the food service/wait staff! I would be willing to mail my book to you. I would need to mail it tomorrow or Friday or when I get back from vacation on the 26th. Please feel free to email me.

4 Days and 18 Hours until I cruise.........

:D

aol...screen name is the same as my profile name

It was such a great book. I read it on my last cruise on the Miracle. It really opens your eyes to what the crew does behind the scenes (work and fun) But a great read everyone should read it it is well worth the time and money spent. I liked mine so much I got one for my Mom. I ordered in January from Barnes & Nobels and it came in about a week after ordering it. I did not know it was now up to such a wait. Wow! That is great for the author. Kcarp thanks for the pics it was interesting to see after picturing them in my head.

I ordered this book from Amazon about 6 weeks ago...This was a fun and interesting read! I am a 1st time cruiser and I will be on the Paradise next Monday. I will definitely appreciate the staff a lot more, especially the food service/wait staff! I would be willing to mail my book to you. I would need to mail it tomorrow or Friday or when I get back from vacation on the 26th. Please feel free to email me.

4 Days and 18 Hours until I cruise.........

:D

aol...screen name is the same as my profile name

I would also be willing to send my book out (after I finish) to someone as long as they keep it going to CC members - hey share the wealth!!!

I got it from a library; thought it was very good. Reminded me why I try to appreciate all crew members and why I don't remove autotips.

If you look at the author's web page there are pictures of him and others he mentions in the book.

2 more days till cruise! woohoo!!!

It should be required reading before you are allowed to comment about tips, working hours, small gifts, etc.

I TOTALLY second that!!! Reading this book has made me so much less tolerant of people who complain ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING!! I think we forget just how hard they work to make our vacations run smoothly. I know that when I board the Valor this Sunday, I will definitely be making sure I am extra friendly and if my steward doesn't jump at my beck and call, to just realize he/she might be really busy and/or shorthanded.

I couldn't put it down. I finished it a couple of weeks ago. I then read "what time is the midnight buffet" by chesterh from cruise critics.

Another good one is similar to Cruise Confidential but not nearly as titillating is "Permanent Passenger: My Life on a Cruise Ship" by Micha Berman. He was an Assistant Cruise Director on Carnival so you can see the difference between entertainment and crew. Another good read.

Glad I ordered my copy of "Cruise Confidential" from Amazon when it was first mentioned in here. (had my copy in hand in less than a week)

The work related aspects of the story are incredibly informative.

(You would have to be the world's biggest tool, to even think about removing the minimum tips after reading about the work and hours required.)

I am almost finished with "Selling the Sea" by Bob Dickinson.

More textbook than fast read, but still incredibly informative in places.

I just got "Permanent Passenger" last weekend.

Will probably get started on it this weekend.

Bill

I loved it and I am not an avid reader, but it only took me 3 nights.

I would love to hear more comments on good books like Cruise Confidential that you have read.

thanks

I finished mine over the weekend and just ordered "When is the Midnight Buffet" love reading this stuff!

I would be willing to send out my copy of Cruise Confidential to someone if they want it.....I just ask that you keep it going to other Cruise Critic Members when your done.

Just post here if you want and give me an email to contact you for info...

I read all 3 "What Time is the Midnight Buffet?, Permanent Passenger and Cruise Confidential" all with in a week and a half. Makes you appreciate even more what the crew does for you. Will for sure be thanking them more on my next cruise than I have on my past cruises. If we worked as long of hrs as they do for as little pay we would all be complaining and they do it and are always so friendly. Maybe we could all learn alittle something from them.

Archived