adeathome31 ist timer

hi everyone,my wife and i have booked a week on the destiny departing sept 24th this year,its our first cruise although we,ve done many ferry mini cruises.its also her 60th and our 41st anniversary that week.were all inclusive but i,m a vegetarian.hoping there,ll be lots for me to eat on board.dont know if we,ll go to captains night as we both prefer to be casually dressed.tho ive bought a dicky bow in case.really looking forward to it any one give us old codgers a few tips.:cool:

Hi and welcome!! I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise. Our first cruise was 3 years ago for my Husband's 50th and we absolutely love it. We've been on a cruise every year since then, and actually had 2 cruises last year. We've not been on the Destiny (YET!!) we're off in 4 weeks, and are really looking forward to it.

As for the Captains Dinner - just Go For IT!!! You'll enjoy it getting dressed up, if you don't want to wear a DJ just wear a dark suit with your dickie bow and you'll be fine. Your wife can wear a really nice dress, it doesn't have to be a long one if she doesn't want. Alternatively she could wear a nice dressy top and skirt or evening trousers

Ann

thanks steelerannie, yes we may do the captains night,we,ll see.whatever i am really looking forward to it.as ive been off work since january with a broken leg and op to have rod put in.i,m gettin about ok now but be a while before back i think.good job i got cruise money stashed away ready.cheers,ade.

I am sure you will have a lovely time- my first cruise a few years ago I took my ageing mam- she was 80 at the time- and she loved it. Once you cruise, you will find you may become addicted so watch out! Thomson cruises have plenty of choice for all tastes so I am sure you will find something to suit, either with the food, entertainment, excursions etc. Just do what you want and enjoy!

Archived