Carnival Pride -- Carrying Wine On Board

scooterj

On previous ships, we have had no trouble with the amount of wine adults are able to carry on and we always just paid a corking fee in the dining room or opened the bottles ourselves in the cabins. However, other ships confiscate the wine immediately and charge you a fee to get the bottles back in lieu of a corking fee. Does anyone know what the rules are on the Carnival Pride regarding this?

the Carnival Travel book states-- Guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per guest on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. If you take the bottle to the dining room there is a $10 corkage fee per bottle. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine will be confiscated and discarded without compensation." Most cruise lines give you your confiscated alcohol back at the end of the cruise, doesn't sound like Carnival does....

This sounds more like NCL. They charge you the corkage fee at embarkation but they don't take the bottle. Unless they don't find the wine (bottle or box) and then you don't pay if you drink in your room or take it in a glass to the MDR. OR unless they find it in your checked and call you down to the "naughty room" to pay.

BTW, I've never been charge a corkage fee on Carnival but some have.

I don't know anyone who ever paid a corkage fee, I think your stretching it a little.

There is a corkage fee in the dining room of Carnival if you bring your own. So really, OP isn't stretching it. Jeeze.

Right from the site:

However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

On previous ships, we have had no trouble with the amount of wine adults are able to carry on and we always just paid a corking fee in the dining room or opened the bottles ourselves in the cabins. However, other ships confiscate the wine immediately and charge you a fee to get the bottles back in lieu of a corking fee. Does anyone know what the rules are on the Carnival Pride regarding this?

Others have posted the policy. Carnival will not confiscate your wine at embarkation if you are within the policy (probably won't even if you exceed the policy) and the corkage fee only applies to wine brought into the dining room. Some don't even get charged the corkage fee.

This sounds more like NCL. They charge you the corkage fee at embarkation but they don't take the bottle. Unless they don't find the wine (bottle or box) and then you don't pay if you drink in your room or take it in a glass to the MDR. OR unless they find it in your checked and call you down to the "naughty room" to pay.

BTW, I've never been charge a corkage fee on Carnival but some have.

We've been there...the naughty room on NCL....It felt like being called to the principles office:pLOL....We were given the option of paying the fee or having them to hold it until disembarkation day...We paid the fee:)

If you put one bottle per person in checked baggage and then one in the carry on, how would they know. Do they have some system that indicates if the bottle was carried on so make sure there isnt one in the checked baggage? I'm seriously curious because I'm considering do exactly this.... I know.... I'm breakin all the rules.....:cool:

If you put one bottle per person in checked baggage and then one in the carry on, how would they know. Do they have some system that indicates if the bottle was carried on so make sure there isnt one in the checked baggage? I'm seriously curious because I'm considering do exactly this.... I know.... I'm breakin all the rules.....:cool:

Go for it. I have.

They would not know and they don't care. The rule of thumb on Carnival is to put any alcohol outside the policy in your checked luggage. It will arrive just fine.

Thank you all for responding to my post. From what I gather, Carnival seems more lax than other ships. I too have been called to the "naughty room" before and we paid to get a few bottles out and then further into the cruise paid to get more as we needed them. Also, the ONLY cruise we have never had to pay the corking fee in the main dining room was the one where we had to go to the "naughty room".

I was on the Pride on the 27th, we carried a bottle of wine with us and a cork screw - opened it in the room and carried in a glass into the dining room. No Problem! I won't say anything about the rum runners since they were in the checked luggage.

They never ever looked to see if it was wine or someting else.

Archived