Moped Rentals In Grand Cayman?

JBert

Has anyone ever rented a moped in Grand Cayman? My wife and I want do to the island on our own, and thought a moped would be fun! Suggestions?

lol, no, but I did see lots of scooters there the last time we were visiting.. found this, hope it helps in your search.

http://caymanislands-guide.info/getting.around/bikes.and.mopeds/

Well, I actually rented a moped when my truck was in the shop. I had never driven one before so it was a bit of an experience. :eek:

As was said, Grand Cayman is very flat. Getting around isn't so difficult by moped, particularly on the George Town / Seven Mile Beach / West Bay end of the island. Speed limits in these areas are 40mph maximum and generally traffic is moving slower than that.

My grand adventure was driving to my home at the far end of the island from George Town. The speed limit gets up to 50mph and the moped could only get up to 35 or so. Not really a good thing.

Final thing is that though they get really great gas mileage, the tank is very small. I could not do a complete round trip from George Town to East End and back on a single tank. I had to stop in about half way back on my return and there wasn;t a whole lot of gas left by then. Watch your gauge and be careful.

Archived